• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwoowoo

Reaction score
CDGH+ all weekend

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
would actually have bought that exact filippa k sweater if there had been one in my size at the outlet I visit now and then, the purple/black looks so nice in person
fing02[1].gif

Last edited:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

v36Fdl.jpg

TOJ
AA
MMM

I know everyone (except some lame troll) loved that outfit but it just doesn't work; very dark leather jacket+dark tee with extremely light blue pants and beige boots is just a crime. Every piece looks good and fits well so it is just a matter of combining them differently but this is a no. I think it can work with a black top and white pants as it is taking it to the extreme and removing the black/beige annoyance.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Just about every shirt I buy, whether casual or formal, seems to be too long in the shirt and sleeve length. However these new shirts I've been buying fit perfectly in the shoulder/chest.

I'm 5'9 but seemingly still too short for shirts in an L size. Though M size shirts are much too tight across the chest and shoulders. I find them really uncomfortable.

I've tried to take on previous advice to address the shirt length issues. Previously I was wearing formal shirts casually with denim which resulted in a hem of the shirt sitting as low as the crotch.

Perhaps it's the effect on the photo but this shirt does not actually come down as far as it may seem. There's a good 2 or more inches from the hem of the shirt to the bottom of the crotch.

I can easily get the sleeves taken up on shirts and it's fine. However I've been hesitant to try and get my casual shirts taken up as it seems to be a much more involved process.

With the denim, what would you suggest? I would not have thought Ksubi or Acne/APC denim (which is all I own), would be considered cheap denim. Suggestions?

One thing I am we'll aware of with my denim is that I need to get then hemmed properly. Rolling is making me look shorter than I already am.

And finally the shoes, well they're a matter of opinion. I appreciate many people don't like them, but I do. I like that they're a chunky shoe and the proportions look good IMO.

Band of outsiders make shirts made to be untucked, you could also get plenty of yours altered to have square hems and be shorter. We're talking slightly below the waist. Your jeans are fine, just let them stack or get them hemmed, cuffs are for specific styles that are more traditional/workwear inspired/teddy boys or whatever than yours. Keep your shoes. For colder season I think you should stick with something very casual like Kitsuné for sweatshirts and sweaters, maybe tuck in your shirts this time.

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know everyone (except some lame troll) loved that outfit but it just doesn't work; very dark leather jacket+dark tee with extremely light blue pants and beige boots is just a crime. Every piece looks good and fits well so it is just a matter of combining them differently but this is a no. I think it can work with a black top and white pants as it is taking it to the extreme and removing the black/beige annoyance.

I think the boots are grey.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much Fuuma.

I specifically bought the Acne/APC shirts as they too are meant to be worn un-tucked.

Though it seems like they will need to be altered regardless. Will keep an ear out for a good local person to do the work.

And I hear you on the denim cuff's. Been meaning to get them taken up and I just need to get my **** together and do it.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

"There is not one black but many blacks" (YSL). This quote isn't about African diversity btw but about shades of black.

All black outfits are arduous to choose and prepare because you have to either entirely match the black (i.e. have a jacket and pants that were made with the same wool AKA a suit) or contrast the fabrics and texture. A leather is usually not that hard to contrast so it works very well even if the shade is different, which is why it is often used. The problem is when two fabrics and textures are similar but the shades are close but not the same, it looks off.

The last outfit I posted had a synthetic material (nylon) jacket with felted sleeves (the later are dark grey anyway), a cotton cap and some waxed cords along with black leather on the shoes, it didn' create any problems. That is good matching if I may say so myself.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for calling me out fuuma.
I was hoping no one would notice :embar:

I knew I shoulda turned down the contrast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads