• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS007

Reaction score

Are you really recommending those?

The ones I have handled were well made. I understand resentments against the plastic sole and their aesthetic is unusual to put it very mildly. Hard to pull off, but I believe bene could do it.

You do colors extremely well, btw. Love your last fit.

I don t like the extreme bagginess of those pants, bene. But maybe I m not yohji enough.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today, not exactly original but there's a limit as to what I can get away with for work...

and to explain choice of footwear colour:

Christy's
Nigel Cabourn
Universal Works
Topman (tie)
H&M
Tricker's

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bene, that yohji suit looks really bad to me. I think you should consider the possibility that much of the yohji stuff that is cheap on ebay is cheap for a reason...?

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
I want to visit Nigeria now.

MoK, the coat and trousers are a little too similar in tone for me there. Or maybe it's the green/grey pairing that doesn't work for me -- I feel like I'd like the coat with tan trousers and I'd like those trousers with a navy coat.

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or maybe people just have different tastes to others...?

Edit: @KJ

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or maybe people just have different tastes to others...?

Edit: @KJ

"But taste is subjective!" is a terrible retort to my saying that something doesn't look good, regardless of whether I'm actually right or not...

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bingo. It's the fact that you are wrong that makes you wrong.
Just teasing, love you kj :happy:

That suit is yohji vet approved. And trilleur. That's as boss as it gets.

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ haha yeah no hate bene I've liked the last few. To elaborate instead of just saying it looks bad, I think the comically big lapels AND the huge sack blazer fit AND the huge billowy pants combine to have too much going on... is it a full suit or separates?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I have always wondered if all of those Ross Kemp Documentaries about Nigeria are true or just for the shock value

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
regis - A good mix of both as I suspect is the same with most documentaries.

All those pirate docs have a lot of staged scenes in them (and I have that on good authority) to add to the shock and awe value. Nigeria on the whole is pretty chill. Even kidnappers are up for a conversation and will buy you medicine and good food while you are a captor (have had a few people we know kidnapped and they were all taken well care of), but there are always the psychopaths.

T's description of the Nigerian fashion scene is definitely on point. There is a burgeoning style scene in the country at the moment, although a lot of it is fueled by Asos, H&M, Topman and local fashion designers on the better end of things. The euro-trash stuff really drives me up the wall. Loads of Vivienne Westwood plastic loafers and crest-marked blazers at least a size small. Nigeria can also skew one's perception of the value of money very easily. Designer stuff here has close to a 100% markup on the full retail price of stuff generally and a lot of people don't have internet-enabled debit cards (with credit cards almost non-existent) so it makes it difficult for anyone to pursue a solid interest in designer fashion even if one was interested (not to mention the generally random/awful buys in most of the boutiques).

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

regis - A good mix of both as I suspect is the same with most documentaries.

All those pirate docs have a lot of staged scenes in them (and I have that on good authority) to add to the shock and awe value. Nigeria on the whole is pretty chill. Even kidnappers are up for a conversation and will buy you medicine and good food while you are a captor (have had a few people we know kidnapped and they were all taken well care of), but there are always the psychopaths.

T's description of the Nigerian fashion scene is definitely on point. There is a burgeoning style scene in the country at the moment, although a lot of it is fueled by Asos, H&M, Topman and local fashion designers on the better end of things. The euro-trash stuff really drives me up the wall. Loads of Vivienne Westwood plastic loafers and crest-marked blazers at least a size small. Nigeria can also skew one's perception of the value of money very easily. Designer stuff here has close to a 100% markup on the full retail price of stuff generally and a lot of people don't have internet-enabled debit cards (with credit cards almost non-existent) so it makes it difficult for anyone to pursue a solid interest in designer fashion even if one was interested (not to mention the generally random/awful buys in most of the boutiques).

Thanks for sharing. I've been asked to talk about my native Cuba and its misconceptions a couple times, ever since then I have been watching those types of law and disorder docs about different countries and researching them has become a small hobby of mine.Tarkwwa or Eleco (sp?) are on my bucket list of beaches to visit, I was told those were the best

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, you know about Lagos beaches? Excellent. Unfortunately Tarkwa bay beach is pretty crowded and messy of late. Eleko beach is better, but generally the best beaches are the private ones. There's also Eko Tourist Beach which was good the last time I went there. If you are ever in the country you should give me a shout, my dad has a beach house on one of the islands around the Lagos creek and that beach is pretty nice.

Nigeria is definitely not as bad as all these documentaries make it out to be though. The sections on advice for travelers to Nigeria on all these various country websites are even worse.

EDIT - And, to keep this post on topic -

Received Peir Wu long cardigan from Suspension Point today and thought I would give it a spin. It is warm, but seems like I might be able to get some use out of it during the harmattan season in my home state (apart from using it whenever I travel overseas of course). Construction is excellent and the fabric is also very nice.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This all sounds very cool. Unfortunately there are no beaches here in northern California.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are plenty, wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads