• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, I have. A beach is a beach is a beach. As far as the people/ambiance etc., that doesn't change the definition of a beach. At the end of the day, they are still beaches. If you surf, be a man and tough out the cold up here. If you just wanna tan and build sand castles, then wait until summer.

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i found one...

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

Oh, you know about Lagos beaches? Excellent. Unfortunately Tarkwa bay beach is pretty crowded and messy of late. Eleko beach is better, but generally the best beaches are the private ones. There's also Eko Tourist Beach which was good the last time I went there. If you are ever in the country you should give me a shout, my dad has a beach house on one of the islands around the Lagos creek and that beach is pretty nice.

Nigeria is definitely not as bad as all these documentaries make it out to be though. The sections on advice for travelers to Nigeria on all these various country websites are even worse.

Just from word of mouth from a nice fellow down here in Palm Beach who recommended them. Sounds good man, I am working my way down the Caribbean, then looping South America and hopefully up the east coast of Africa starting in South Africa then onto Europe and Asia/Pacific. Although I get this "watch your ass" warning from the US every time I ask about travel to Africa. Will probably have to skip Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast etc. Every summer I have 3 months of notching beaches of my list, been a long time dream of mine

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Hendrix! My first pair of Yohji pants ever too :).

Just from word of mouth from a nice fellow down here in Palm Beach who recommended them. Sounds good man, I am working my way down the Caribbean, then looping South America and hopefully up the east coast of Africa starting in South Africa then onto Europe and Asia/Pacific. Although I get this "watch your ass" warning from the US every time I ask about travel to Africa. Will probably have to skip Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast etc. Every summer I have 3 months of notching beaches of my list, been a long time dream of mine

Meh, like I said before, all those warnings are pretty silly. As long as you don't do anything you wouldn't do in your own city you will be fine. Places like Sierra Leone are so laid back it is unreal. You would have to be really unlucky and/or silly to get hurt while traveling there. Only been to Liberia once, but while I was there I had quite a bit of fun. You should also check out The Gambia and of course, Senegal on your tour too.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

Meh, like I said before, all those warnings are pretty silly. As long as you don't do anything you wouldn't do in your own city you will be fine. Places like Sierra Leone are so laid back it is unreal. You would have to be really unlucky and/or silly to get hurt while traveling there. Only been to Liberia once, but while I was there I had quite a bit of fun. You should also check out The Gambia and of course, Senegal on your tour too.

Heh, ment to say West Africa. Only reason I say that is its going to be a pain ********** with the questions and not to mention visas. Is there a thread around here about travel to other countries? Have to search, would be interested in something like that. Derail over

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow that jacket looks insane ivwri, i like the longer t too, i think many of benes fit can benefit from it

hehe kinda bad execution of leather under coat (re: aeglus from long time ago)

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wow that jacket looks insane ivwri, i like the longer t too, i think many of benes fit can benefit from it
hehe kinda bad execution of leather under coat (re: aeglus from long time ago)

Been thinking the same. Deets on the t?

Last edited:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Beaches in Bénin are also nice, btw Ivory coast is super safe and thriving once again so those warnings are bunk. Don't go to DRC and you'll be fine, I must say that place is def unsafe. I wouldn't hang around Northern Nigeria but then I'm not the expert so I'll defer to your superior knowledge.

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Beaches in Bénin are also nice, btw Ivory coast is super safe and thriving once again so those warnings are bunk. Don't go to DRC and you'll be fine, I must say that place is def unsafe. I wouldn't hang around Northern Nigeria but then I'm not the expert so I'll defer to your superior knowledge.

Northern Nigeria is a hard one to figure out. If there are bombings happening in Nigetia chances are it is around that area. I will say this though, abuja is nice from what I heat and I would love to visit some of those mallam's palaces. By the way fuuma have you been to Nigeria?

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Northern Nigeria is a hard one to figure out. If there are bombings happening in Nigetia chances are it is around that area. I will say this though, abuja is nice from what I heat and I would love to visit some of those mallam's palaces. By the way fuuma have you been to Nigeria?

I do have some family living in the North and they are Christian, and they say things are a bit touchy in a few areas. It is dangerous around churches, but otherwise it's just business as usual from all indications. At least in Abuja, Jos (which is extremely beautiful with weather closer to temperate climes and definitely worth visiting for anyone interested in touring Nigeria), Kaduna and Niger states up north. I wouldn't advise anyone to just go and roam around some of the northern states though without at least knowing a few people living there (places like Maiduguri) as there has been some pretty random violence and unrest in those areas not only related to boko haram but every bit as deadly.

Benin is indeed nice, I should visit again actually, been a while since the last time I crossed the border into Cotonou.

EDIT - Bene, the tshirt is CdG SHIRT. They seem to have had them in various colours this season and SS12 as well. Check oki-ni, hervia and a few other stockists that carry CdG SHIRT

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome peir wu piece Ivwri!
What made you go for that instead of a yohji item??

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awesome peir wu piece Ivwri!
What made you go for that instead of a yohji item??

I had actually discussed the piece with J a couple of months ago just after he put up the Peir Wu buy and we had discussed her as a designer before that. I liked what I saw and thought it might be better to support both an upcoming - or in MS007's terms, a "young & hungry" - designer and a cool online store rather than picking up something YY again (particularly since most stores' buys this season were not very inspiring to be frank and I am really looking forward to SS13 YYPH with an eye on acquiring a few pieces). The design is also really cool and I like the "feel" of her brand for lack of a better term.

DD: Describe your latest collection?
Peir Wu: I envisioned a tribe of men on another planet not too different from ours, stripped of everything superfluous and much more focused about the way they lived...

I am a sucker for narratives like that inspiring collections :embar:

Think I will definitely pick up some stuff from her SS13 season as well (even if it does not involve intergalactic frontiersmen :)).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics