• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taking a much needed break to post this, not what im wearing today (all yohji today) but something i plan to wear to my med school formal/prom/openbar

CNH blazer
CKC HP shirt
NB pants
H by hudson shoes

EDIT: Fo da glahssuz

Last edited:

DividedWay

Reaction score

Taking a much needed break to post this, not what im wearing today (all yohji today) but something i plan to wear to my med school formal/prom/openbar
CNH blazer
CKC HP shirt
NB pants
H by hudson shoes

Do not like the blazer. Unclassy club wear. Also looks not good unbuttoned.

Last edited:

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like the lapel of that blazer makes it kind of awkward in that fit, glasses too

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

silent hat
r&b jacket
isaora insulated shirt + t-shirt
apc jeans
jv converse

this is awesome.

Late on synth fit but that deserves a better shot!
Next time could we get a good shot of the bag :satisfied:
More of a weekender than an everyday bag, correct?

something i am still yet to get, is the need for different bags for different fits/looks. i get having a rocking bag, but for me its still about functionality, not how it matches your outfit to the point you would need more than one bag. its great to have a bag that matches your clothing, but if doesnt match some other clothing, i would not find a need for another. despite the fact i dont think that way about many clothing items and accessories, that most non SF types would say the same thing about, i still dont get it with bags. also, i dont own a single bag, so there is also that.

:(

dont haet me synth. only love.

CNH blazer
CKC HP shirt
NB pants
H by hudson shoes

maybe i just dont know the rules here, but it would seem to me that the jacket and pants are too close to the same color, but not a match, to really work together. also, jacket seems way too formal for the pants.

either way, have fun at the prom, be back by 11:30 please!

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Stitches and snow, the bag is a huge, leather envelope style that can fit up to about 2 weeks of stuff "unucompressed", which makes it perfect for getaways and shoving crap into. Not much missing on the functionality front. It happens to go well with my crash-landed.american aviator in the desert shtick. I have a canvas and leather backpack too. All stuff for different purposes.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So should I buy new glasses or am I not allowed to buy anything? Are there any other things that are exempt from the don't buy stuff rule?

ALL THESE RULES GODDAMN :happy:

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
buy new glasses, then stop buying. :foo:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitches and snow, the bag is a huge, leather envelope style that can fit up to about 2 weeks of stuff "unucompressed", which makes it perfect for getaways and shoving crap into. Not much missing on the functionality front. It happens to go well with my crash-landed.american aviator in the desert shtick. I have a canvas and leather backpack too. All stuff for different purposes.

oh, i totally get that its fully functional, never thought it wasnt. i was just saying, that unless its luggage style, and you would use a different bag at different times when you did not need such a large one (like you mentioned having a backpack when hauling less stuff), i just dont really get the need to have another bag with the same functionality only to match other outfits.

nor was i even supposing you do that. (and even if you do, great, lots of people do, just not my thing). it was just a thought i had thats been stewing, and snows post brought it out.

whatever. bags are awesome. i sucks.

also, "crash-landed.american aviator in the desert shtick" is working for you.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

buy new glasses, then stop buying. :foo:

I could
I won't.
Besides couldn't, even if I wanted to. Recent purchases were all yoox creds from returns of things that didn't fit right

Last edited:

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

oh, i totally get that its fully functional, never thought it wasnt. i was just saying, that unless its luggage style, and you would use a different bag at different times when you did not need such a large one (like you mentioned having a backpack when hauling less stuff), i just dont really get the need to have another bag with the same functionality only to match other outfits.

nor was i even supposing you do that. (and even if you do, great, lots of people do, just not my thing). it was just a thought i had thats been stewing, and snows post brought it out.

whatever. bags are awesome. i sucks.

also, "crash-landed.american aviator in the desert shtick" is working for you.

I don't really think anyone was talking about matching bags with outfits. Unless you took snow's weekender vs everyday bag as something like that, in which case that's just the role it fills. It just so happens that it matches up pretty great with what synth has on. Or maybe you were just going off on a random tangent. I don't know.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't really think anyone was talking about matching bags with outfits. Unless you took snow's weekender vs everyday bag as something like that, in which case that's just the role it fills. It just so happens that it matches up pretty great with what synth has on. Or maybe you were just going off on a random tangent. I don't know.

yeah, i think i misunderstood "snow's weekender vs everyday bag" line, and then i pontificated on that. i dont really know either.

sup fishbones. ;)

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score

jcrew navy lambswool
eternal 811xbig
clarks suede db

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads