• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it does look too suppressed in the first shot. the rest of it looks fine though... some nice aldens like zissou's and youre golden :slayer:

Ya noobizor, Alden's would look good, and swap out the shirt for a white one or light blue one. You're improving, to say the least

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My apologies if this is in the wrong forum or thread, but if I needed advice on what to do with my hair, could I post a picture here for some feedback? My hair is getting long, thick, and just awfully unruly. I need a cut, but I've never found a satisfactory style to go with. It always just comes out kinda lame. And I'm getting close to Eraserhead levels of ridiculous, so if advice is available, I'd surely appreciate it. Is this kosher in a WAYWT thread?

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

My apologies if this is in the wrong forum or thread, but if I needed advice on what to do with my hair, could I post a picture here for some feedback? My hair is getting long, thick, and just awfully unruly. I need a cut, but I've never found a satisfactory style to go with. It always just comes out kinda lame. And I'm getting close to Eraserhead levels of ridiculous, so if advice is available, I'd surely appreciate it. Is this kosher in a WAYWT thread?

Best option is to probably embrace it, go full eraserhead and let your sanity dip as your hair rises

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think someone with your build could pull off the goth ninja look well. This just is not working on you. You like like an IT guy.

But first, more of the same old boring ****.

I agree he is exactly who rick owens designs for. Buy the ****** high tops, a skirt and a funnel neck leather and shave your head and you'll have some much internet swag. I know you like allen edmonds and "fun socks", but the style forum knows your destiny.

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Best option is to probably embrace it, go full eraserhead and let your sanity dip as your hair rises

Considered it, but I really don't want the disfigured child that comes along with the 'do. My love for Lynch has its limits—and those limits include not conflating my reality with his films, for obvious reasons.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IDK man at least my ***** not the SF uniform of the month reducted for 3242340th time.
I like to have fun with my personal style, and I only post most my fits cuz I feel like its a change of pace from the average **** but all this hate is bumming me out.

Dude, I´ve liked a lot of previous fits. You´ve put on some cool stuff that looks good. This time, however, you did not.

What´s the SF uniform according to you, if i may ask? Because SW&D is not like MC (if you haven´t noticed), where one could say all the guys look pretty much the same (though they really don´t).

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

people telling caseyfud to dress in goth ninja is a perfect example of sf pushing people in a direction they don't want to go. judging from his blog, he wants to wear classically styled ivy/prep/#menswear stuff. nothing wrong with that if that's what he likes, he just needs to buy better clothes.

yeah, i totally agree with you. i found xhales comment a bit bias. but if he did have to go gothninja, something like what i suggested would be the middle ground (i think)

What trousers are those snow? I've been looking for something like that.

stat-ment

http://stat-ment.fr/anamnesis_.html

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Considered it, but I really don't want the disfigured child that comes along with the 'do. My love for Lynch has its limits—and those limits include not conflating my reality with his films, for obvious reasons.

You sure? Eraserhood is a pretty big up-and-coming neighborhood in Philly. (0)
is that dude wearing his pants backwards LOL

tumblr_lvbr4pETgP1qjyj6f.jpg

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Get the Morrissey do. I think I'm going to try this out while in Europe-extremely cropped on all sides but the front and top, cockateel fro-hawk

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

people telling caseyfud to dress in goth ninja is a perfect example of sf pushing people in a direction they don't want to go. judging from his blog, he wants to wear classically styled ivy/prep/#menswear stuff. nothing wrong with that if that's what he likes, he just needs to buy better clothes.

if you're that easily swayed into doing things you don't want to do, you have other problems.

Last edited:

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Get the Morrissey do. I think I'm going to try this out while in Europe-extremely cropped on all sides but the front and top, cockateel fro-hawk

That's some cool ****. I've been wondering if I could pull off something outrageously top-heavy or not, but I'm worried it just wouldn't match my face. So what the hell, maybe I'll post a pic. (I guess I just have to admit that it feels weird posting a picture of my face on a message board, when I "know" no one here, but whatever. Even if people are harsh, I will—hopefully—get some solid feedback.)

But, speaking of Europe, I'm actually studying abroad there right now. In Paris, to be more precise. The everyman's sartorial capability here is insane. Like, I'm not too bad at dressing myself (though I'm still a loooong ways off from SF-praise, I'm guessing), but it's pretty intimidating walking around in public if I'm not feeling great about my outfit... Which is why I want to try to cover all bases and make getting a decent haircut a priority.

i2onnel

Reaction score
Haven't posted here in a bit.

I usually pass on taking photos with people while I'm out, but if you're on your #JUMBACO swag, then lol. I couldn't help my self.

Oh, got on the black version of the Dior Homme Clawmarks, and some all white Common Project Achillies... Use your imagination.

jumbaco.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads