• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New cabourn cameraman arrived today - this thing is so awesome.

frontopen.jpg

fronthold.jpg

Close up of the shoes
EGmcnairy.jpg

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
please laugh at the ridiculous scarf I somehow ended a night with after losing a really nice scarf that I've had for years :( (I'll admit it's pretty warm!)

tumblr_lxksdf8Ywh1qcq3abo1_400.jpg
tumblr_lxkshl6Wqs1qcq3abo1_400.jpg

tumblr_lxksjogx8U1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

not hindu, but watevs

not another land - this was in scottsdale :) (cousin's wedding). honestly i wanted something less ostentatious, but i literally got this kurta last minute and it's the only one that fit - i would not combo red with pink otherwise (pink being the colour for all the bride's side's pugrees/ramallas). i opted out on the punjabi slippers and stuck with my clunky derbies. the pants are proper kurta pajama bottoms - the legs taper a lot, if i pulled up my kurta you would see 40something inch waist pant cinched to my 29" - drop-crotch-style.

it's fuckin hot in arizona during the daytime... thanks for the compliments

y you no tell the shah you was in AZ -- could have had epic waywt kurtas and all ! tum meri saath naraz ho ??? areh bhai.......................

edit: you can't be sikh, right ?? i mean, no dagger, and those punjabis are 6 '3 +

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bacon, are those the dbss sneaker/boot hybrids?

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unsure about these Keds Pro I bough for $35. I like the heavy canvas and the wax laces. Pants look like they need to be hemmed but I'm waiting on the stacks to settle, still a new pair of jeans, then going to make a decision weather to hem or stack.

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

Xhale12

Reaction score
Both of you guys live in AZ? Im in scottsdale 5 months out of the year.

y you no tell the shah you was in AZ -- could have had epic waywt kurtas and all ! tum meri saath naraz ho ??? areh bhai.......................
edit: you can't be sikh, right ?? i mean, no dagger, and those punjabis are 6 '3 +

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
neither of us live there

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Magnificent, my Hindou friend, Magnificent.
I have been crusading...nay, jihading...nay, non-violently starving myself...for more ethnic-wear...nay, clothes from other lands...on WAYWT....but it was greeted with ridicule and derision, until now.
As with any Bollywood movie set...the colour combinations leave me blinded. Every colour in the rainbow is there and gushing at you at lightening speed. I love the pink turban. I would have preferred a pink tunic....but the cream with the bejewelled whatevers, accented with red paisley whatevers, looks fine.
But the shoes...those shoes...that is not authentic! I know! Not gaudy enough. I have seen those dainty slippers made of the same material as the tunic...where is your pair?
The hosiery/pants also seems unauthentic..it should me more wrinkled...like stockings that have seen better days...and made from the same material as the tunic...
And why are you not standing in some jiggly pose in front of some cardboard TajMahal cutout...
All in all, magnificent! You wipe the floor with Shahinshah's Taliban-inspired drop-crotch itchy-wool terrorwear. (I'm not saying that's the same culture as yours, I am not an ignorant ****, I am not American)...

Such a cheap shot! By the way, Miran, you said you lived in the U.S. Where did you live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads