The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I already forgot how long the laces are but instead of tucking them you should just wrap them around the shoe. Looks better if you ask me (just wear them in an appropriate fit next time).

2. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

nameback, dont you hate tucking your laces into you sneakers?!!? it bothers me when im stepping on the lace[​IMG]

Haha, nah, it doesn't bother me but I actually tuck the laces in above my foot, under the tongue, usually.

Anyway, thanks to all who commented, got a lot of good advice on this one. I feel like I know I'm on the right track if only because people bothered to comment on it. [​IMG]

In retrospect, I agree that the blazer is too formal for the rest of it. I was sort of hoping the monochrome aspect with untucked shirt, buttoned-to-the-top would make feel more SW&D, but the top half is still too formal.

3. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Looking at Nameback again, not at 3 in the morning or whatever when I was half asleep: I hate Lanvin shoes. Those KVAs are dope and could work with a certain kind of blazer. Not sure I'm sold on that shirt, is that black chambray or just a heathered-ish charcoal shirt? the length/hem and is somewhat throwing things off, a tuck may be advisable although there are bigger problems here. The blazer is very structured which is partly problematic, but actually IMO it's the length that makes it hard to work with the rest of the fit, which is steering toward fashion-casual. A long blazer just doesn't look right with skinny fashiony stuff to me, especially if you're doing the chonky crazy lace KVA thang down south. The exception, as shah sort of said, is more relaxed/oversized and/or drapey stuff, but that's something you have to commit to and not a direction I see you going in atm.

4. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

I already forgot how long the laces are but instead of tucking them you should just wrap them around the shoe. Looks better if you ask me (just wear them in an appropriate fit next time).

Sometimes I tuck, sometimes I tie.

It really depends mostly on how much time I have; it's a bit of a hassle to actually sit down and properly tie the damn things. It's not a quick process. [​IMG]

5. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

Looking at Nameback again, not at 3 in the morning or whatever when I was half asleep: I hate Lanvin shoes. Those KVAs are dope and could work with a certain kind of blazer. Not sure I'm sold on that shirt, is that black chambray or just a heathered-ish charcoal shirt? the length/hem and is somewhat throwing things off, a tuck may be advisable although there are bigger problems here. The blazer is very structured which is partly problematic, but actually IMO it's the length that makes it hard to work with the rest of the fit, which is steering toward fashion-casual. A long blazer just doesn't look right with skinny fashiony stuff to me, especially if you're doing the chonky crazy lace KVA thang down south. The exception, as shah sort of said, is more relaxed/oversized and/or drapey stuff, but that's something you have to commit to and not a direction I see you going in atm.
    Other than the hate for Lanvin shoes I think I'm pretty much with you on this. Oh, and yes it's a dark grey chambray. Not moving in a drapey direction, length of blazer is probably the most incongruous thing about it, etc. I will definitely try again, and often; I love these KVAs and I'm going to keep at it until my fits justify them. Plus black girls in DC freakin' love them. Lots of compliments from the sistas.

6. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

the only context I can ever imagine liking Lanvin's is an Undercover-ish, techy or hypebeasty type fit/aesthetic etc. Look waay too shiny/polished/futuristic luxe whatever for anything else IMO.

7. Lane

Lane Senior member

I just don't get why anyone at his age would give a shit when there's so much more important stuff to spend the small sum of money on that a kid his age would have, though I'm gonna save the headache of discussing y assumptions about kid.

Excuse any awful typing as I'm halfdead tired and on an iPhone.

I'm usually never bothered by your posts, but who are you to dictate what's "important." Yah, I agree he should spent less time on the net, but where are you getting all this info from? Dunno if I didnt read something relevant, but let the kid be. At least he's not putting all that money into drugs and alcohol, and is channeling his energy more positively, imo.

this is coming from someone who chose the former over the latter. I'd say its his and his parents problem. Dude will grow up with mad steez, or who knows he might even get tired of it all, and find a new hobby.

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

the only context I can ever imagine liking Lanvin's is an Undercover-ish, techy or hypebeasty type fit/aesthetic etc. Look waay too shiny/polished/futuristic luxe whatever for anything else IMO.
    Is this meme coming from people who have never seen the damned things in person? Like everyone seems to think they're super directional. I have 4 pairs; they look like... sneakers. Nice sneakers, sort of noticeable, but Rafs they ain't. Unless you're rocking SQ's metallic blue captoe ones the majority of Lanvins out there aren't even eye-catching.

9. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

10. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

is that coffee or rum in your imaginary cup

11. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

is that coffee or rum in your imaginary cup

My guess is a bottle.

12. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

mondays...
    [​IMG]

???/APC/Margiela? Looks great, as always.

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

From SZ
    Eehh, the narcissism of JD's posts is starting to annoy me. Do we really need three pictures and photoshop to assess an outfit?
    Lol.

14. bows1

bows1 Senior member

[​IMG]

From the weekend. Feel free to quote posts where I criticize shitty branding.

Supreme hat, moscot sunglasses, CDW vest, Uniqlo sweat, APC jeans, vans shoes

First shoreman fit I really dig

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

From SZ

Lol.

lol at szers complaining about narcissism.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.