The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

[​IMG]

Tuck in your shirt

2. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Why does no one seem to realize that Synth's drapey fits are merely a mid-80's skater look? (Not that they're not swell, but still).

3. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

why doesn't anyone realize that skinny jeans were popular even before 99% of this board was born?! i mean seriously! people think they're like a completely new invention or some shit!

fashion trends wax and wane.

4. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Why does no one seem to realize that Synth's drapey fits are merely a mid-80's skater look? (Not that they're not swell, but still).

What?? ? Post pics of mid 80s skaters, what did they dress like?

5. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

christian hosoi

6. SmallFishWang

SmallFishWang Member

Hey first waywt [​IMG] DAY [​IMG] Leo +j Rolex GMT2 Alden ravello LW and Night [​IMG] Zara Goat Skin Jacket Uniqlo Vintage Silver Bracelet Gap

7. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

What?? ? Post pics of mid 80s skaters, what did they dress like?

Haha, I'll try to find some. I was very young, but it was such a distinct look: two to three T-shirts of varying lengths, a very short black leather jacket, often tied around the waist by the sleeves (making it look, from the front, like drop-crotch pants) -- and sometimes even drop-crotch pants. And then of course the hair: close to one length on top, and shaved around the sides. Synth's leather moto/drapey fits look very close...

The character Bobby from Twin Peaks also came pretty close to this look every now and then...

8. raags

raags Senior member

[​IMG]
    really like every piece individually, don't feel the top half and bottom half gel, this is contributed to by the look of your face (glasses/beard) making a weird dichotomy between biz-cas and streety fashion. think CPs would work a lot better, or any shoe still nice but not as ostentatious as the KVAs.

9. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

really like every piece individually, don't feel the top half and bottom half gel, this is contributed to by the look of your face (glasses/beard) making a weird dichotomy between biz-cas and streety fashion. think CPs would work a lot better, or any shoe still nice but not as ostentatious as the KVAs.

100 procent agree, except that i think Lanvin > CP with blazers without a doubt. A nice pair of black low-tops with black patent toebox would be perfect in my book.

10. Lane

Lane Senior member

Camus cums in the first 5 minutes- because he chooses to.

AHAHAH

11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

nameback, dont you hate tucking your laces into you sneakers?!!? it bothers me when im stepping on the lace[​IMG]

12. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

[​IMG]

From the weekend. Feel free to quote posts where I criticize shitty branding.

Supreme hat, moscot sunglasses, CDW vest, Uniqlo sweat, APC jeans, vans shoes

13. raags

raags Senior member

[​IMG] American Apparel Uniqlo Franco Cimadamore apologies about shit photo quality

14. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

I dunno, I see Lanvin, CP high-tops get paired with blazer/button-down around here. I don't think the KVAs are any more over-stated than the moon-boots. If anything maybe less given their more neutral colors.
    the difference is the kvas are quite chunky compared to the others. the color is not the problem. a less structured top would go better, maybe even oversized if you're up for it. if you swap out the sneakers though it would be nice to see the shirt tucked and unbuttoned at the top

15. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

As ARW mentioned, it's too low-key/bizcas for the boots to work. Everything's too MC tailored and then you have the KVAs. Yes, the palette works, but a grey blazer (especially one with a ticket pocket!) is too dressy for those high tops. If you're talking about how Raf paired his suits with his velcro highs, it worked because it was a black suit. Fits aren't just about color coordination! Lanvins or CPs would work infinitely better because they are as low-key as the rest of your fit. It is a cohesive look.

Try doing the following with the KVA: Black blazer, white tee, Dior jeans. and lose the glasses and facial hair or get something edgier.

boom.

Will give this a try

Just got a black Shipley blazer from pfeury that I really like, needs some tailoring before I can wear it though

As for the Diors -- those might have to wait, due to budgetary concerns. What about some black/dark-grey nudies? Coated, maybe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.