• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
StanleyVanBuren I like the fit of that sweater on you. This fit has a much more relaxed vibe than your usual efforts, which is great.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin
StanleyVanBuren I like the fit of that sweater on you. This fit has a much more relaxed vibe than your usual efforts, which is great.
This. Your stuff is much too tight and rigid (figuratively and structurally) for your body type; it accentuates your thinness in an unflattering way, makes you look like a beanpole. You need more loose stuff that conceals your shape instead of outlining it in red felt-tip marker Also suggest growing hair out, if possible

Ivar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TwoStep
60250608.jpg

The jacket could stand to be four inches or so longer, and I would prefer for its closing button to sit an inch or so lower. I'd also suggest you give the jean cuffs an additional roll or two.

But those quibbles aside, it looks pretty good.

Ivar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
This.
Your stuff is much too tight and rigid (figuratively and structurally) for your body type; it accentuates your thinness in an unflattering way, makes you look like a beanpole. You need more loose stuff that conceals your shape instead of outlining it in red felt-tip marker
Also suggest growing hair out, if possible

I very much disagree. Although his growing his hair out is an idea worth pondering, I guess.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivar
The jacket could stand to be four inches or so longer, and I would prefer for its closing button to sit an inch or so lower. I'd also suggest you give the jean cuffs an additional roll or two.

But those quibbles aside, it looks pretty good.

A jacket 4 inches longer would look ridiculous with jeans and the overall slimness of his silhouette.

a2_hennessy

Reaction score
60250608.jpg

71232556.jpg

43230142.jpg

I'm really liking these fits. Everything looks spot-on for a SW&D fit, IMHO. The only thing I don't really like is the bag, but then again, I'm not a big fan of Filson.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
60250608.jpg

71232556.jpg

43230142.jpg

This doesn't make any sense to me. In what setting is wearing a tie with jeans appropriate? If the situation is dressy enough to justify a tie then jeans are innapropriate, and vice versa. Lose the tie. I do really like the fit otherwise.

Ivar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
A jacket 4 inches longer would look ridiculous with jeans and the overall slimness of his silhouette.

I like to think I'm ahead of the curve when it comes to these things, and to my eyes, that kind of mid-00s length looks very stale and played out. 4 inches is not all that much, by the way. We're talking pretty standard suit jacket length.

TwoStep

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivar
I like to think I'm ahead of the curve when it comes to these things, and to my eyes, that kind of mid-00s length looks very stale and played out. 4 inches is not all that much, by the way. We're talking pretty standard suit jacket length.

Jag är nöjd med längden men tack ändå.

Ivar

Reaction score
Jag är nöjd med längden men tack ändå.

LOL

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kixslf
vnksv7.jpg
R by 45rpm Indigo Dyed Woven Shirt 45 rpm Denim Shirt Self Edge Feather Ring Tanner Goods for 3sixteen Dual Strand Tanner Goods Dual Ring Belt Eternal 811's Converse Jacks

dooppeeeee. Really good stuff. Too bad it wasn't a standing pic to see more but i see enough to like it
Originally Posted by Seafinch
IMG_5897.jpg
Gitman x Inventory Samurai Yuketen

good ****. fades look great and the shoes are nice too. You two making me want to get my america one (or whatever people are calling it)
Originally Posted by RFX45
ilkrao.jpg

ok but like others said prob need to mix it up or something. cockbib would help or longer black tee with a white non cockbib tank underneath poking out. both a bit longer than the leather and wear open. or some looser sweat like black pants tucked into the boots. or black overdyes or something rather than black raw. still looks solid but just other ideas to play on the same outfit to get different looks bobo pictures is hilarious and scary considering he's super tall from what i remember

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52