• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monday, amirite?
191C273C-9A83-4D19-9525-4AB851BB79EC.jpeg

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Hermes and Zenith are awesome. That Zenith, in particular, is one of my favorite watches in production.

+1 ... that's a hot El Primero..

Very nice assortment @pmeis

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zenith is killing it with the Revival series. Some people are turned off by the small-ish (37 mm) size and retro 70s styling, but I think it wears very nicely on the wrist. I'm glad that Zenith resisted the temptation to upsize the watch in accord with modern tastes. Zenith is teasing a new watch in the series on its IG. I'm guessing it's the A3817:

11_015.jpg

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Collecting on a theme. How much diversity can one get out of a five piece collection of only gray watches. Is this a sign that I've been bored? Likely yes. But it's been a fun exercise and actually makes for a useful assortment.

My favorite of that bunch is your new Hermes watch. That one really speaks to me.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Collecting on a theme. How much diversity can one get out of a five piece collection of only gray watches. Is this a sign that I've been bored? Likely yes. But it's been a fun exercise and actually makes for a useful assortment.

I really like that Zenith. Thanks for sharing!

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Zenith is killing it with the Revival series. Some people are turned off by the small-ish (37 mm) size and retro 70s styling, but I think it wears very nicely on the wrist. I'm glad that Zenith resisted the temptation to upsize the watch in accord with modern tastes. Zenith is teasing a new watch in the series on its IG. I'm guessing it's the A3817:

11_015.jpg
Always have been a fan of original. I'd rather have a vintage example than scrawling through Zenith horrific webiste just to give them my personal information in exchange for Zenith marketing dept. wasting my time.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
diversity can one get out of a five piece collection of only gray watches. Is this a sign that I've been bored? Likely yes. But it's been a fun exercise and actually makes for a useful assortment.

[/QUOTE]

Fantastic collection! Thanks for sharing!

SSingh1975

Reaction score
Sold my Breitling and Seiko Tuna and finally saved up enough for my all time grail ..the newer ceremic planetocean (43mm).
Picked up a mint pre-owned from a reseller on WatchRecon (all papers, warranty card, etc).

Have owned this for 3 weeks now and it's runnijng like 2 secs fast. Very impressed !!
20210507_140841.jpg

20210513_080605.jpg

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It seems like prices for all watches have increased above the board. I like following auctions and have been watching CPCP Monopoussoir prices for a while. The below hammered for over $75k, before buyer‘s premium! That same watch was selling for less than $10k five years ago.

So which one of you ballers bought it? ;)

View attachment 1611110
Same watches just sold at Monaco auction for under 37K . They had two versions for sale.

dan'l

Reaction score
Same watches just sold at Monaco auction for under 37K . They had two versions for sale.
But that was a month ago. Since watch prices seem to climb exponentially now, that explains why it sold for double!!

On that same site they feature one in YG:

Let‘s see what it hammers for!

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still in pursuit of a full gold piece. After trying a few day dates I'm starting to feel they might be too bold (as an identifiable icon) for my taste. I had the rose gold aqua terra on my radar as well, but now I've stumbled upon this 38mm constellation. What do you folks think of this guy (assuming too that I could get it at a pretty deep discount...):

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/...ion-co-axial-chronometer-38-mm-12350382113001

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still in pursuit of a full gold piece. After trying a few day dates I'm starting to feel they might be too bold (as an identifiable icon) for my taste. I had the rose gold aqua terra on my radar as well, but now I've stumbled upon this 38mm constellation. What do you folks think of this guy (assuming too that I could get it at a pretty deep discount...):

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/...ion-co-axial-chronometer-38-mm-12350382113001

I mean, do you like it? Isn't that what matters?

Personally, I think it looks atrocious, but that's just me. Who cares what I think?!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Big no for me dawg. Bracelet and especially whatever is raised around bezel on 3 and 9

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not a fan personally. I understand your sentiment regarding the Day-Date as I have the same hangup. I’ve been thinking about an Omega Speedmaster in YG or RG.

H20A0352.jpg

Omega-Gold-Speedmaster-31060425001001-14796.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads