• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So; Do people prefer the Santos in medium or large?
The lack of a date on the medium is nice, but I prefer the large in terms of size. Plus it gives you more options in terms of dial color and materials.

pmeis

Reaction score
Collecting on a theme. How much diversity can one get out of a five piece collection of only gray watches. Is this a sign that I've been bored? Likely yes. But it's been a fun exercise and actually makes for a useful assortment.

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hermes and Zenith are awesome. That Zenith, in particular, is one of my favorite watches in production.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Collecting on a theme. How much diversity can one get out of a five piece collection of only gray watches. Is this a sign that I've been bored? Likely yes. But it's been a fun exercise and actually makes for a useful assortment.

I like this collection. They’re not watches that I’d buy myself but they are wonderful variations on a theme and there is something very satisfying about that. A lot of people pick the most obvious/recognisable watch from each leading brand to form a collection (Daytona, Calatrava, Royal Oak, Tank, etc.) but you’ve taken a totally different approach which I like.

I’ve been toying with the idea of building a small collection of black dial watches. We’ll see how it goes.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Hermes and Zenith are awesome. That Zenith, in particular, is one of my favorite watches in production.
+1 ... that's a hot El Primero..

Very nice assortment @pmeis

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Zenith is killing it with the Revival series. Some people are turned off by the small-ish (37 mm) size and retro 70s styling, but I think it wears very nicely on the wrist. I'm glad that Zenith resisted the temptation to upsize the watch in accord with modern tastes. Zenith is teasing a new watch in the series on its IG. I'm guessing it's the A3817:

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My favorite of that bunch is your new Hermes watch. That one really speaks to me.

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really like that Zenith. Thanks for sharing!

Drek Galloche

Reaction score
Zenith is killing it with the Revival series. Some people are turned off by the small-ish (37 mm) size and retro 70s styling, but I think it wears very nicely on the wrist. I'm glad that Zenith resisted the temptation to upsize the watch in accord with modern tastes. Zenith is teasing a new watch in the series on its IG. I'm guessing it's the A3817:

Always have been a fan of original. I'd rather have a vintage example than scrawling through Zenith horrific webiste just to give them my personal information in exchange for Zenith marketing dept. wasting my time.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
diversity can one get out of a five piece collection of only gray watches. Is this a sign that I've been bored? Likely yes. But it's been a fun exercise and actually makes for a useful assortment.

[/QUOTE]

Fantastic collection! Thanks for sharing!

SSingh1975

Reaction score
Sold my Breitling and Seiko Tuna and finally saved up enough for my all time grail ..the newer ceremic planetocean (43mm).
Picked up a mint pre-owned from a reseller on WatchRecon (all papers, warranty card, etc).

Have owned this for 3 weeks now and it's runnijng like 2 secs fast. Very impressed !!
20210507_140841.jpg

20210513_080605.jpg

Drek Galloche

Reaction score
It seems like prices for all watches have increased above the board. I like following auctions and have been watching CPCP Monopoussoir prices for a while. The below hammered for over $75k, before buyer‘s premium! That same watch was selling for less than $10k five years ago.

So which one of you ballers bought it? ;)

View attachment 1611110
Same watches just sold at Monaco auction for under 37K . They had two versions for sale.

dan'l

Reaction score
Same watches just sold at Monaco auction for under 37K . They had two versions for sale.
But that was a month ago. Since watch prices seem to climb exponentially now, that explains why it sold for double!!

On that same site they feature one in YG:

Let‘s see what it hammers for!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.