• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own, or even tried on, one of these? I just got done saying I’m not buying watches but I keep looking at this. Measurements are a bit big in terms of lug to lug but I’m guessing it wears smaller.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own, or even tried on, one of these? I just got done saying I’m not buying watches but I keep looking at this. Measurements are a bit big in terms of lug to lug but I’m guessing it wears smaller.

after much deliberation, i went with the non fxd pelagos in blue, mostly because i preferred the shade of blue, which is lighter than the fxd and less navy. IMO both are solid choices and I would have been happy with either.

For reference, my wrist is 7.6 inches.

E076F72D-51FE-4CCD-BF3A-BCB51E6BEA0B.jpeg

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
after much deliberation, i went with the non fxd pelagos in blue, mostly because i preferred the shade of blue, which is lighter than the fxd and less navy. IMO both are solid choices and I would have been happy with either.

For reference, my wrist is 7.6 inches.

View attachment 1810474

How did the FXD wear compared to the normal pelagos?

I strongly prefer the darker blue, the full minute markers on the bezel, the bi-directional bezel, no date, and the non indented dial on the fxd. Just worry it’s too big.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did the FXD wear compared to the normal pelagos?

I strongly prefer the darker blue, the full minute markers on the bezel, the bi-directional bezel, no date, and the non indented dial on the fxd. Just worry it’s too big.

they wore very similarly.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FXD is a very cool watch for sure. And i really love the non fxd as well.

If I ever happened to see the fxd at normal retail i would have a hard time not buying it despite the absurdity of owning both.

Southeasterly

Reaction score

You made the right decision. The original is a much more cohesive design. The outstanding bracelet is one of the primary selling points of the Pelagos. The FXD is a cool novelty, but it’s an inferior watch.

Looks nicely proportioned on your wrist. Enjoy it!

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, today I tried on the Submariner No Date, and just not sure how I feel about it. Doesn't really slip underneath a cuff all that well, and felt a bit big on my wrist (for me). I guess it felt a bit more sporty than what I wanted.

So, I am thinking maybe the DJ 36 is the right choice for me. It would be a better foil for my Explorer as well. Plus, I think this model is rather striking.

ROLEXDJ.JPG

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, today I tried on the Submariner No Date, and just not sure how I feel about it. Doesn't really slip underneath a cuff all that well, and felt a bit big on my wrist (for me). I guess it felt a bit more sporty than what I wanted.

So, I am thinking maybe the DJ 36 is the right choice for me. It would be a better foil for my Explorer as well. Plus, I think this model is rather striking.

View attachment 1810548
Quit being a ******* plebe and just get a Rolex DD 36.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was the Sub No Date available to purchase or just for trying on? The last time I went to a Rolex AD the only models in the cases were some Datejusts and a two toned Daytona.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1810548
Are you looking to supplement your Explorer and PP (and another that I don’t recall) with a watch that you can wear without much regard for beating it up? I think that a Sub looks much better with bumps and bruises than a DJ or DD. You’re right that a Sub wears less well under a shirt cuff but that’s the nature of the watch and it looks better with dings than the DJ and DD. So are you leaning towards a watch that will take whatever punishment you will dish out (Sub) or are you looking for a more versatile one (DD or DJ)?

Delands

Reaction score
If I could get an allocation for this I would.

View attachment 1810549
This watch makes so much more sense with the fluted bezel. However, I'm not the biggest fan of those roman numerals. Stick or baguette markers would be my preference (but not sure if it exists).

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No personal experience, but these hit the secondary market pretty regularly due to frustration with how thick and awkward they wear. The picture below is from the Hodinkee review. I've heard second hand that the only way to wear it is on a strap due to the case design.

View attachment 1809988
Found a Doxa stockist, they had a few 600Ts, while rather thick, far thicker than i am used to, wasn’t horrible on in either bracelet or rubber. But, yes, frustration would probably ensue. I loath wearing my Milgauss which is 13mm.
Anyway, solution to problem: Name down for Polar Explorer II. Breaks my rule of no +40mm, but it was a delight to wear (try on).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads