• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Unofficial Spier & Mackay B-S-T Thread

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll ship this to Canada now.
Buyer beware: Here in Canada I just bought a jacket from a US member, and he gave me a great price, but then I got hit with $70 in duty/taxes/brokerage fee. Half of this was UPS's brokerage fee. It made the purchase much less of a good deal.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buyer beware: Here in Canada I just bought a jacket from a US member, and he gave me a great price, but then I got hit with $70 in duty/taxes/brokerage fee. Half of this was UPS's brokerage fee. It made the purchase much less of a good deal.

I always ask the seller to mark the value very low and as gift, and ship with USPS. Shouldn't get hit with anything that way.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always ask the seller to mark the value very low and as gift, and ship with USPS. Shouldn't get hit with anything that way.

How low is too low? I would think if you put down a jacket as like $5 - it gets flagged as obvious, no?

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How low is too low? I would think if you put down a jacket as like $5 - it gets flagged as obvious, no?

Just reasonable low like 50-80. I think they have so much volume to process they dont bother with the lower values.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought a jacket from the UK once and they shipped it to the US using FedEx: who charged me some wholloping import duty because they are narcs. Regular mail have never done that or really cared ... and I’ve bought some dodgy stuff from overseas, hahah.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, USPS all the way. Best method as a Canadian to avoid getting nailed.
Live and learn. I sent my PayPal payment as a “gift” so he wouldn’t have to pay the PayPal seller’s fee. I assumed he’d mark the jacket as a gift, too. Next time I won’t assume things.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Live and learn. I sent my PayPal payment as a “gift” so he wouldn’t have to pay the PayPal seller’s fee. I assumed he’d mark the jacket as a gift, too. Next time I won’t assume things.

And also to ask them to drop the value of the item and only ship USPS. I feel that's more important than gift.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1214914 View attachment 1214915 View attachment 1214916 View attachment 1214917

VBC Neo suits, Drago neo blue flannel, Zignone navy windowpane. All 40R contemporary. Pants are approx 33x29 w 1.75 inch cuffs and several inches to let out.
Still trying to sell these and I'm open to reasonable offers.
Also have these: Sz 33 contemporary Brisbane Moss Lovat moleskin and sage linen trousers, both worn less than 10 times and a pair of NWT 15.5 neck contemporary shirts w 34.5 or 35" sleeves.

Suirs available for 185 shipped apiece, Drago for 170, Zignone for 130, pants for 45, shirts 20. Really need to sell due to an upcoming move.

dangaa

Reaction score
Excellent condition sweaters for sale worn a handful of times each:

Ochre Cardigan S
Bright Navy Cardigan S
Charcoal Cardigan S
Heather Gray Cardigan S

Dark Brown Turtleneck S
Medium Brown Turtleneck S

Take the entire lot.

Price: $100 CAD F2F Vancouver or $115 CAD shipped within Canada (EMT)

Bulked up quite a bit so need to get me some mediums!

Sold to a great SF member.

gokingsgo

Reaction score
Minnis Fresco Tobacco Contemporary Fit 42L - Sleeves lengthened by ~0.5 inches - $275 plus shipping
(My photo is clearly not an accurate representation of the color so also included the stock image for better idea)

EThomas Brown and Grey Check Contemporary Fit 42L- Sleeves lengthened by ~0.5 inches - $200 plus shipping

Attachments

• IMG_5978.JPG
    IMG_5978.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 5.05.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 5.05.56 PM.png
    710.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5980.JPG
    IMG_5980.JPG
    369.7 KB · Views: 56

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics