• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ASpec818

Reaction score
The extra fine broadcloth shirts in xs fit me perfectly. Anyone know of any alternative brands of higher quality that fit similar to uniqlo? Taylor stitch shirts come close but the the arms are too billowy. Jcrew chests are too tight.

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
Anywhere left to get the Uniqlo/Lemaire cotton parka from this past season? If not, is there anything similar in Uniqlo mainline?

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What would you advice for sizing? I'm all about that comfy office wear life

They run about TTS. Unlike the Qlomaire pants, which ran really slim.

I'm a smedium, 31 waist, and the medium is loose enough that I have to use the drawstring.

Phrost

Reaction score

I really wish they did this a in the winter or spring season, not summer
09_178772.jpg

I ended up buying the bomber in navy. It fits me pretty well and has some nice details (shoulder darts for instance).

It's slightly cropped and hits about 4 inches past my hip bone. Wearing a regular length t-shirt, I see about 1.5 inches of shirt wearing the jacket.

The jacket has a light poly filling in the body and sleeves that gives it a little weight. It actually feels pretty cozy worn. I think it will be comfortable for the fall and early winter in NYC. I like that it has some shape to it - the filling gives it a slight puffiness/roundness that I look for in bomber jackets.

It's definitely an upgrade from the previous Uniqlo bomber jackets - they when very thin and had no filling and were strictly spring/summer jackets.

My main gripe with the jacket is the fabric. It's a thin, slippery nylon that seems a little delicate. It actually reminds me of the thin nylon North Face uses on it's bubble goose jackets. The inner chest pocket feels delicate, since it's made from the same thin fabric as the jacket outer. I don't think it's meant to hold anything substantial. Also, I wish the hip pockets had snaps.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the jacket. Uniqlo's offerings have been boring lately, but sometimes they come out with worthwhile outerwear. For $49.99, I think it's a pretty good buy. I have a feeling they'll sell out of this before the fall/winter season actually comes around.

Last edited:

JilSlander

Reaction score
^ Agreed with @Phrost

I checked out the jacket today and it's pretty decent for $50. The fit is indeed a bit puffy and the cropped length is pretty spot-on.

I'd recommend sizing up.

mrballs

Reaction score
Really digging the Uniqlo x Theory button-down polo shirt. Fits awesomely slim and length is just right, hits about 1.5inch below the belt loops.

Not too impressed with the rest of the collection though.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't been over to this thread in quite some time but man there's some hate going on, huh? I'm not a fan of uniqlo but I don't hate it.

Anyway, two things im always looking for - long sleeve button downs & decent denim. Uniqlo isn't my style - the million colors of the same single style thing doesn't work for me so I'll generally wait until I can get something for 9.90 or less. Picked up 2 ocbds XS, regular fit. Not bad, they breathe really badly but they fit ok. Picked up a couple of the lighter cotton ones, XS - these were a lot better. Recently got a linen long-sleeve button down (also XS) and was very happy with this one.

Most recently I picked up two pairs of selvedge denim - black skinny 28x34 & blue slim straight 28x34 (5.90 & 9.90). Very happy with both of these.

For shirts, I usually find that even for XS I always have the huge monkey arms thing going on. The only shirts I can wear in S are express MX extra slim, and those shirts are literally the **** (a forum member once said if you dropped one on the floor it would shatter - that was spot on). On top of that, A&F super skinny (my go-to for 28x30) recently **** the bed and went over to vanity sizes. So bottom line, im happy to have uniqlo as an alternative.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't bought any from this most recent set, but online it does look like the measurements are larger than they previously were for at least some models. That said, the shirts had gotten smaller recently (the flannels I have from last winter in small fit like my old XS shirts). There are a couple cool batik print shirts up on the site, though I don't think there's much stock left.

Also, as far as people saying stuff has gotten worse (honestly that goes for most brands, it's always "it's not what it used to be") - as long as I've been on here people have been saying that - I feel that in reality each item changes season to season so maybe this fall the oxfords get better and efm sweaters are worse and the next season vice versa...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads