• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

there's no center seam on my premium cotton v necks?

i’m talking about the new ones for this spring. i have some of the old ones with the center seam too. unless the pics on their website are wrong, the ones for this spring don’t have it anymore.

The F/W premium cotton tees had a center seam, like the UU tees did.
The S/S premium cotton tees preceding those (from year ago) did not have a center seam. They are also slim fit.

hmm, i think you might be wrong on both counts. afaik, uniqlo didn't have any premium cotton t-shirts for f/w. they had the undershirt version, but that doesn't really count. maybe they had them in-store, but i never saw them online and i checked more than a few times. the ones for last spring/summer DID have the center seam. i have some of them. this all assumes you live in the u.s. if you live in europe (or asia maybe), you have completely different t-shirts. i bought t-shirts in london and paris over the summer, and both the premium and normal cotton t-shirts from the nyc stores were different.

Those are gonna be huge on you, I just ordered a bunch in M and they're a tad big (i'm a 50) but will be perfect after a wash/dry cycle or two.

i hope you're wrong. measurements on their website suggest they fit pretty slim - especially in the shoulder, which i'm most concerned about. i'm now assuming they're inaccurate, though. oh well, can always exchange.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I still don't know what ******* tees you guys are talking about or whether or not mine are considered underwear but I've bought like 8 packs of them in the past few years. They run big and I wear xl.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The restocks are shorter than the ones I bought a few months ago; too short to wear, even sized up. If they were a few inches longer, and maybe a little slimmer, they'd be perfect beater shirts.

Hm. I just put on the one I washed last weekend and it hits about an inch below the belt; I could use a little more length but they're fine for $5 and better than any other shirt in that price range (i.e. Everlane).

An extra inch length and a deeper V and I wouldn't need any other t-shirts.

EdwardB

Reaction score
You guys

It's literally made out of shirting material (not even oxford thickness, like the same stuff as the rest of the SS print shirts)

and therefore useless for rain or as anything besides a very lightweight windbreaker

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You guys

It's literally made out of shirting material (not even oxford thickness, like the same stuff as the rest of the SS print shirts)

and therefore useless for rain or as anything besides a very lightweight windbreaker

Sounds okay for summer evenings at the beach. Sold out in Large in the UK though, otherwise I might have been tempted...

dfoo

Reaction score
So what's the consensus on US sizing vs Japanese sizing?
I have a M in a classic fit OCBD from Japan
and I'm wondering what the equivalent would be from the online US store. Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads