1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Hah seems like I'm not the only one who thinks Lands End makes the best Ts. I think their super T henleys are some of the best out there, really thick and durable with nice buttons. Also you can snag them for a good 50% off in stores all the time.

As for sizing they run pretty large.

It's interesting, I use to buy the hell out of Uniqlo. But now Lands End is my go to for basics, mostly because Lands End is cut better for me. But the quality difference is really noticeable, I'd take a Lands End flannel over a Uniqlo any day.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  2. einstine

einstine Senior member

I would say there tees run tts, coats do also.

With Lands End, and Uniqlo, I wonder why H&M even exists they have got to have the worst quality products in existence.

3. jonrisk

jonrisk Member

Uniqlo and Lands End have nothing on H&M when it's in almost every mall in the USA.

4. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

Anybody have this "MEN WASHED COTTON SLIM FIT JACKET"??

Looking for a light, casual sports jacket for the spring.

[​IMG]

5. leeba

leeba Senior member

Uniqlo T's don't really fit me that well either, what model of Lands Ends T's are you guys getting? Tailored fit? Regular?

6. einstine

einstine Senior member

Depends on your body shape... I would get tailored if I were to order them now, I dont remember what the 2 I own are.
    http://www.landsend.com/products/mens-short-sleeve-tailored-fit-super-t/id_200182

Mall shopping [​IMG]

7. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

I have it. Got the sleeves shortened, but haven't worn it yet.

8. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

My pick up from today.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

More detail would be appreciated

I try to when I can ;)

10. GBear

GBear Senior member

@gettoasty I actually think that looks really similar to the one @Parker has.

11. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

I seriously doubt that.

1 person likes this.
  12. xxxamazexxx

xxxamazexxx Senior member

Lands' End tailored fit is just slightly roomier than Uniqlo. Lands' End regular fit is almost the same as tailored fit in the shoulder, but chest and waist are larger. Somehow, all three of these fit me. I guess the difference between Lands' End regular fit and tailored fit is just looks. If one fits you so will the other.

Apparently H&M is the one doing the best out of the three... and it really doesn't deserve the flack for its quality. It's bad, but it's accordingly cheap. Style-wise I have to say they are one of the best brands out there. They probably have a stronger designer team than any other brand thanks to their size and popularity. The real sucker here is probably brands like Forever 21.

So they jacked up the price from $10 to $13 for short-sleeved tees and from $13 to $15 for long-sleeved... Guess I will have no choice but to stick to Lands' End.

13. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior member

Apparently there's a pop up shop in Berlin in Mitte, will be paying a visit later today for sure
    Edit: ima go tomorrow instead

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  14. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

selvedge raws came. waist is a little more snug than other uniqlo stuff of the same size--expected from raws, really. I haven't measured, but based on how they feel, the actual waist is probably about an inch more than tag size, and then they start stretching pretty much instantly. I'm expecting them to keep stretching; who knows how much i'll get. I did measure the hem; a size 28 on the "slim straight" version is just under 7".

they're nothing fancy, obviously, but nothing screams "cheap" to me other than "made in bangladesh." it's got a good ykk zipper, sound stitching, reasonable denim thickness and quality--so it's uniqlo still operating as usual. the yellow and gold stitching looks less weird in person than online, where the yellow really pops, btw.

15. einstine

einstine Senior member

^Thats why your better off spending $50 more for APCs or even Unbranded/N&F jeans that could be bought for around $60-$80

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  16. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

No small tall. :fu:

Guess I'm sticking with AA for now. :confused:

I'm kind of surprised they went with a zipper fly on the raw selvedge jeans. The old MIJ ones had a button fly.

17. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Senior member

they used to sell MIJ selvedge (iirc $89), and made in China (using japanese materials selevge. those went for $49, iirc.

the latter came with zippers.

btw - picked up a pair of the new selevge. wearing them now. they're OK, but definitely not at the level of the MIJ, or even the made in China selvedge. the denim seems thinner.

18. feliks

feliks Well-Known Member

ya, I got the slim selvedge today too. not bad at all in terms of fit (i sized down one) and I'd recommend them to broke dudes in college who don't want to lurk ebay/b&s. I returned them anyways since I decided I'd rather spend a extra on some 3sixteens.

19. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

That's true for some people, but it ain't like that for me. I don't like the fit, stretch, design, or materials on APCs or N&F enough to pay more for those. But I do like how these are.

20. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

I'm seeing only 35 waist for the slim straights >:I