• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fatsu

Reaction score
I bought the max 5 items... all t-shirts :laugh:. Was interested in the cotton polo but there wasn't a navy color.

Does anyone know how much Uniqlo's supima cotton will shrink in the wash?

loopdeloop

Reaction score
First impressions - while the style of U (in theory) is more my thing this feels a lot more cohesive as a collection imo. There are a few oddities sure, but generally it makes sense in a way U hasn't over the past few years. The blue-grey and navy colours are really nice too - reminds me how scarce blues have been in so much Uniqlo stuff lately.

Still not sure there's anything that jumps out at me though. Maybe the half-zip and sweat. Thought i quite liked the bomber, but not sure i'm a fan of all those zips and pockets. Also quite like the look of the mountain parka and lightweight half length coat. Only thing i'm iffy about is that the styling for the latter might be hiding what could be an anorak you'd get at Millets. It looks cool here though;

goods_68_439672.jpg

The loose fit shirt jacket from the women's collection looks an interesting shape and might be workable. Wish there was more stuff in this vein;

goods_09_438113.jpg

Some of it certainly looks better on the models in comparison to those earlier product shots. And some of the cuts looks interesting. But still... three blazers? Really? It's been said before but i'm not convinced there's a massive market for that kind of casual business wear, especially in somewhere like the UK (might be wrong tho?). I'm just praying for a full blown 'weird-casual' collection from them one day. Maybe they could do it through a proper Engineered Garments collab or whatever.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody try the elastic waist / easy pants from +J? Model photo suggests they are wearing XL, but that seems wrong given measurements.

WayneLyndon

Reaction score
I feel that when Covid hit last year this time Uniqlo went all quiet for six months atleast. Very little new items came out. This spring has seen U, J+ and now again JWA.

Uniqlo isn’t the hottest of all, and mostly I see one or two buyable things in a collection but nevertheless this is simply fun. The collections differ from each other and for a dude who has to be careful not to spend too much on clothes (save the money for the two teenagers in the household) this works.

JWA collections have been the least ...interesting so far but even here it seems to got a bit some new energy. The embroidery idea could be expanded further - it reminds me of early 2000s Gaultier or such if my memory serves well.

Nice touch in this hopefull spring of pandemic.

For me atleast, spending money on these collections during pandemic has been elevating and inspiring.

cafedandy

Reaction score
I feel that when Covid hit last year this time Uniqlo went all quiet for six months atleast. Very little new items came out. This spring has seen U, J+ and now again JWA.

Uniqlo isn’t the hottest of all, and mostly I see one or two buyable things in a collection but nevertheless this is simply fun. The collections differ from each other and for a dude who has to be careful not to spend too much on clothes (save the money for the two teenagers in the household) this works.

JWA collections have been the least ...interesting so far but even here it seems to got a bit some new energy. The embroidery idea could be expanded further - it reminds me of early 2000s Gaultier or such if my memory serves well.

Nice touch in this hopefull spring of pandemic.

For me atleast, spending money on these collections during pandemic has been elevating and inspiring.
I feel the same way, actually, but also good that there isn't much pressure to buy a lot and only what we truly want or need. U has been stable in terms of its look, same with +J, so JWA gives a little pop somehow. Surprisingly got a bit excited with this new JWA season (even if I was usually not happy about it, haha). Seems like less items than previous seasons (no outerwear even) but I feel most are very useful in this time. I was able to see some in person through the Lifewear exhibit and the stitch details and flowers have quite the charm.

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW - if anyone wants one of the +J oversized short sleeve shirts in olive/small (BNWT) I have one that I'd be willing to sell for $35 CONUS

goods_56_440373.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads