• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

InHocSignio

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the gray airism v neck is light enough to not peak out through white/light color dress shirts? Or does it need to be more of a heather gray?

I haven't had a problem. My dress shirts aren't say, Charvet poplin quality, but I've worn some pretty sheer white and had no issues.

Last edited:

extraGuac

Reaction score
Hey guys, I want to order some OCBDs and I'd like some recommendations on what size to get. My measurements are height 5'6, 145lbs, 37 chest and 30 waist, athletic build. I've heard the regular fit is billowy and some of the pictures I've seen here reflect that but also I think it would probably fit the best in the chest in an XS. Do you think the XS slim fit would be ok or too tight? Thanks.

My one OCDB right now is a JCrew Factory Sunwashed. I measured the shoulders and it is 17 inches across. It fits pretty well but has a little room. How much difference would .5 inches make?

Last edited:

extraGuac

Reaction score
Ah forgot to mention, I don't want a small because I think the sleeves would be too long. Looking at the sizing charts the Slim Small is an extra inch longer in the sleeves than the Regular XS.

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
Get the slim small. roll up the sleeves.

slim xs will be too small on the chest, reg xs will be too big at the waist and too small at the chest.

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dude please don't stress about your sleeves being a half inch too long on an oxford with slim cuffs that will just stick to your wrist anyways

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any comments on the airism boxers?

How does Uniqlo dress shirts compare to BR and JCrew in terms of quality?

Last edited:

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does Uniqlo dress shirts compare to BR and JCrew in terms of quality?

Compared to J. Crew I find them to be a notch below. Generally they are not as trim as the JCrew ones in style (i.e. made to fit more people). The fabrics are also not as soft or broken in as a JCrew shirt. Some of the JCrew shirts use very high end fabrics.

That being said a uniqlo shirt is anywhere from half to one forth the price of the JCrew shirts. I tend to use my uniqlo shirts for events where I fear potential for getting dirty and damaged or if I am wearing a jacket and it does not matter about the cut.

That said I have never had either brand begin to fall apart and I wear my uniqlo shirts far harder than the jcrew ones.

Last edited:

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Compared to J. Crew I find them to be a notch below. Generally they are not as trim as the JCrew ones in style (i.e. made to fit more people). The fabrics are also not as soft or broken in as a JCrew shirt. Some of the JCrew shirts use very high end fabrics.

That being said a uniqlo shirt is anywhere from half to one forth the price of the JCrew shirts. I tend to use my uniqlo shirts for events where I fear potential for getting dirty and damaged or if I am wearing a jacket and it does not matter about the cut.

That said I have never had either brand begin to fall apart and I wear my uniqlo shirts far harder than the jcrew ones.
when you mean high end, are you talking about the thomas mason shirts? It's probably better to compare Jcrew's regular line vs uniqlo's regular line.

Thanks for the comment.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when you mean high end, are you talking about the thomas mason shirts? It's probably better to compare Jcrew's regular line vs uniqlo's regular line.

Thanks for the comment.
I mean that they range up to the Thomas Mason fabrics. But in general I tend to prefer even the normal fabrics to uniqlo, but not by much. When you consider the price there is a reason I own more uniqlo.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeem1