1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. 89andy

89andy Senior member

how slim are their chinos? I remember I tried on a vintage ones and they were way too big. How they compared to say W+H or club monaco slim fits? Hate how they don't list the hem measurements anymore ...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  2. jet

jet Senior member

top block is sorta anti fit and taper a lot below the knees, I'm not a huge fan because the transition is a little too severe

on my 32s the hem is 7.5 which is pretty fucking small for a guy my size so i don't think you will have any complaints about the hem

3. nycxandy

nycxandy Senior member

The current slim fits are about the same as my W+H westpoints, but just a hair bit slimmer.

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I got the green one to try on. The material is actually really nice, but not a fan of the fit, might have to size down or it's likely just intended to be blousy. Going back for sure.
    socks and underwear are staples. socks for sure. the marled ones are really nice. chinos are OK at best. material is pretty thin. I have the MiJ jeans and I like them a lot better than APCs, but they aren't as nice as Japan Blues.
    The slim chinos taper through the leg, but it has a little too much room in the seat (sort of droopy, imo). Maybe because I could have sized down. Rise is pretty big, almost trouser-like. Vintage ones were gigantic in comparison though.

5. 89andy

89andy Senior member

anyone know the hem for a size 30 slim fit chinos? Thinking of trying the uniqlo ones before going for the club monaco's ..

6. nycxandy

nycxandy Senior member

7.25" for my 30W/34L

7. Epik

Epik Well-Known Member

How often do they restock the online store for jeans? All they have are 35's, which are apparently 37" actual waists.

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

.500 this time around with Uniqlo

6 dress shirts
    3 of which are advertised as L/S but clearly hit 3/4 of my arm.

Sort of sad :(

9. 89andy

89andy Senior member

shit. were any of them the slim fit ones?

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Actuallly, the 2 slim fit dress shirts I picked up (66 blue and 09 black aka "mini dots") were fine.

It was the 3 Easy Care shirts that had sleeve length issues. I think this is bad oversight on QC.

Dress shirts in general are pretty ace. About to drop by the tailor to get the 3 darted in the back.

A word of caution, slim fit and "regular fit" are different in terms of the shoulder, sleeve width, and chest. The body around torso area is about the same, but when I get them tailored I have to separate it out as I don't need much darting to account for the chest in slim fit dress shirts. Even the "regular fit" I ask to take in the chest very minimally. I just need the double darts to help with the blousing affect in the torso / waist. Just realized this too after trying out the new slim fit and some older ones I picked up. For a suit I would go with the "regular fit" as it is more relaxed and I'll be wearing a jacket for a good part of the day. Otherwise, everyday office wear I would take the slim fit as it is a bit more fitted all around.

OCBD for the weekends.

Ordered some spring trousers in their cotton/poly blend and wool/poly blend. Arriving Friday so I can give a review of them then.

Still think Uniqlo is best bang for the buck if you want to get some lowkey work attire. You can step up your suiting, but for everyday wear it works well.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  11. surrender

surrender Senior member

Just got my order in the mail. The slim-fit oxfords fit great, except for a sliiiight bit of tightness in the chest. The linen shirt is comfortably loose in the body (think Our Legacy), but too long - thankfully, fits my brother just fine.

For those who own the slim-fit chinos, how much do they stretch in the waist and/or shrink in the wash? They fit perfectly as-is, with a small amount of extra room in the waist.

12. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior member

My order came in today as well: 3 slim-fit oxfords (2 blue, 1 grey), and a chambray. They're definitely the best OTR fit I could ask for. The chambray fits surprisingly slim as well, despite not being labeled "slim-fit".

I might grab a couple more oxfords in different colors and another chambray.

13. nowiremember

nowiremember Senior member

Can anyone recommend size in the slim fit oxfords for a 38" chest?

14. Epik

Epik Well-Known Member

Probably a small for 38.

On another note, apparently Uniqlo are discontinuing their Made in Japan series of denim due to lower than expected sales.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  15. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

lower than expected margins more like

16. Epik

Epik Well-Known Member

Do either of their MIJ fits fit like the slim chinos? Where the legs are slim but the seat and top box is roomier?

Between the MIJ slim and the straight?

Also the size chart says 37 for the 35. Are they really 2 inches bigger than tagged?

17. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior member

Got my 3 slim fit oxfords in size L. Was worried theyd be too big but then DBear posted his size and that he got mediums and then I felt good about my decision. I was wrong, the large is far too big on me. quite loose in the chest, neck and waist. Im glad theyre long enough to tuck in and they're much beefier than I'd have guessed. Overall tremendous quality for the price, but I'm pretty sure I should have gone medium.

Oh well. p.s. I got the Navy overdye, White, and Grey oxfords.

Also picked up my first boxer briefs from Uniqlo. My god these are fantastic for under $5 a pair! I bought 4 pairs in size large to be safe, but could have gone medium for sure. Theyre so soft and the waistband is super soft which is often sharp on the waist in other brands at 5 times the price.

I am a uniqlo boxer convert.

18. dunelly

dunelly Senior member

Premium linen vs cotton linen blend jacket?
    How's the milano bib jacket?

Looking for a navy jacket for summer/spring

19. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior member

YES! Uniqlo let me place an order with my canadian credit card again! it hadnt been working ever since it let me purchase the Large slim-fit oxfords that i missized. It's so hit or miss with what orders theyll let process and which ones they wont.

I guess Ill bite the bullet on the 7$ return fee.

Unless someone wants 3 uniqlo slim fits BNWT's in size L. Navy Overdye, Grey, and White.

@jet what's your height/weight? Those pics you uploaded of your ocbds in medium seem like a good length for you. Im 5'8 and my large's i got were way too long to be worn untucked.

20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Dunno if this helps, but this is a size large slim on me @ 184lbs 5'7".. these fit me way better than the regulars.. almost as good as my MTM shirts and if they shrink the length in the wash a bit that would be awesome. Bought some Uniqlo jeans too, look like shit on me dunno how you guys wear stuff with 7" leg openings.

apartments a mess, had company all weekend
    [​IMG]