• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mumbai

Reaction score
what do you guys think about the uu zip up blouson, i was gonna get it as an alternative if the hooded blouson isnt available, but thats sold out, so now im debating if i want it or not

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and see if they handle their mess up accordingly, but one problem Is they took a long time communicating this order through the whole process. Right now they know my order is jacked up and it's been 48hours since I notified them and have gotten no reply back.

But past two orders I havn't received shipping emails or tracking info either.

I know how some people can get on this forum and trust me I'm not like that. I'm patiently waiting for their reply.

Last edited:

Crump's Brother

Reaction score
^seems like their service has been varied as of late

my first two orders went well...good, quick service with good communication

my last order i found out about some items that were on promo after i initially placed the order...they were able to add those items after they procured the items available from the original order

however, i took a few days for them to get back to me regarding it

i was considering whether or not to keep a few items from the order and decided at the beginning of this week that i was going to send them back (size medium undercover oxford in blue and light gray, 31x34 vintage flat front chinos in beige and navy, size small dry package shirt in heather gray...pm if you want at cost plus shipping) but since some of the items were added after the initial order it does not allow me to add them when i go through the return process on their site...also, it gave me an error when i tried to add the ones from the original order in the return process and when i click the print label tab on my account it gives me an error

i emailed suddenlee about this Monday and haven't heard from them...left a voice mail today and haven't heard anything yet...and these items need to get back to them early next week to be within the 30 day time frame to return for some items

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^ would you characterize that as a normal order though? If you had placed two separate orders it could have been avoided... just curious as to the expectations of SF folk, because their service is better than almost every e-retailer I've used (including some forum affiliates).

Last edited:

Crump's Brother

Reaction score
^no, i don't

but it's not at all relevant to the lack of communication...my issue right now is that i had contacted them regarding the errors in creating and printing a label to send items back and my expectation is to get a response in a timely manner (no more than 48 hours)

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not discounting any of people's issues, they're valid concerns. :nodding:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It sounds like their biggest problem is allowing people to customize orders and make special requests. They don't have the manpower to deal with the number of requests they receive and doing anything that complicates the process just further increases their backlog. While the customer may appreciate the service, it in turn makes their customer service appear poor.

I've only placed two orders with suddenlee. Both very simple though. Placed things in my cart, checked out, waiting for shipping. Never needed to email them about anything yet.

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It sounds like their biggest problem is allowing people to customize orders and make special requests. They don't have the manpower to deal with the number of requests they receive and doing anything that complicates the process just further increases their backlog. While the customer may appreciate the service, it in turn makes their customer service appear poor.
I've only placed two orders with suddenlee. Both very simple though. Placed things in my cart, checked out, waiting for shipping. Never needed to email them about anything yet.

yea I agree too.I've made all my orders super simple because I could image how much of a pain it would be to do what they do.

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on their polo shirts? Do they run big? Good material?

Thinking of visiting tomorrow both of their stores in Manhattan and checking them out.

korce

Reaction score
Would anyone be able to post measurements for the premium linen jacket and/or premium linen jacket (slim ft) from Ss12?

I wear a 38R, so seem to fall right in between their sizing chart. Looks like I might be a small in the regular fit, or a M in the slim fit but I really have no idea. Can anyone comment on the difference between these two fits?

If you have any - shoulder, chest, length and sleeve length measurements for sizes S or M in either jacket would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has Ann got back to anyone in the past 48 hours? I would imagine she would at least reply back to me after 3 days of knowing my order was messed up. Wonder if everything is ok in suddenlee land.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads