• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am sure you have looked @ the UK website. Just go off those measurements. They are the same as US, but US website does not list it as detailed.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Ok I need some uniqlo sizing advice
I have unfortunately never bought from uniqlo and the closest one to me is a bit of a drive (4 hours?) so here's what I've got
For shirts:
42 inch chest (may be increasing soon)
36 inch waist
14 inch arm measurement
I wear a medium in Jcrew, gap, and a large in APC
Idk if id be a large or an XL
For pants
37 inches at my natural hips
24 inch thighs
33 inch inseam
I wear a 33 in APC new standards which are sized down three usually
I wear a 38 in epaulet smith jeans or whatever they are called
I usually wear a 36-38 in most other brands
Im guessing here I would need XL everything?
For most things I don't mind them being oversized, rather this than too tight. I pull off the slouchy look pretty well

We're about the same chest size. a large in the shirts would provide a good comfortable fit. Sorry, can't help on the pants. Your measurements and sizing on the pants is kinda strange (jeans bigger than waist), but I'd try a 36 in those. The pants are pretty tts if not slightly bigger than tts

89andy

Reaction score
Just wondering since the uniqlo site always portrays the actual colours off: the cashmere sweaters come in many colours, which ones are "speckled" and which ones are solid colours? I find the speckled colours really appealing, but it NEVER shows on the pictures in the site.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what about the wool stuff, same question^

maroon lambswool is sort of speckled, looks nice ... navy and off white are not

AJPA

Reaction score

Quote:

We're about the same chest size.  a large in the shirts would provide a good comfortable fit.  Sorry, can't help on the pants.  Your measurements and sizing on the pants is kinda strange (jeans bigger than waist), but I'd try a 36 in those.  The pants are pretty tts if not slightly bigger than tts

Yea I have a weird lower half, has made me consider the all YY look =p easy to find pants that fit. I hate to say but Its more of a posterior issue...

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok I need some uniqlo sizing advice
I have unfortunately never bought from uniqlo and the closest one to me is a bit of a drive (4 hours?) so here's what I've got...

Similar measurements to me. I take a large in their shirts and knitwear (although oddly I had to go up to XL in waistcoats) and either a 36 or XL bottom.

89andy

Reaction score

speckled-ish
lambswool cardigans:
06 gray
36 brown
68 blue - pretty nice... keeps getting sold out/low in stock
lambswool crew/v-neck:
wine
cashmere:
purple
there's also the heavy gauge shawl stuff..brown and gray

mostly interested in that nice deep forest green for the cashmere and the grey colour. Hows it like in real life?

godtier

Reaction score
so is pretty much all the +J stuff gone now? I was thinking of copping the duffle and light down parka, which are pretty cheap. also how is the sizing? I tried on a 36" peacoat from H+M once and it fit pretty well, would an XS or S fit similarly (or a little smaller)?

Philip

Reaction score
what am i watching...

AJPA

Reaction score

Similar measurements to me. I take a large in their shirts and knitwear (although oddly I had to go up to XL in waistcoats) and either a 36 or XL bottom.

Very cool, thanks for the help MoK!

mothon

Reaction score
I got the slim fit size M jacket, but you may need a size small if you usually wear size XS.
They are nice, not 100% wool -- 98% wool with 2% elastane. I got the navy and grey...dark gray is nice. You can definitely till the difference by feel between the +J flannel (100% wool suits vs Tasmanian)
I personally like more trousers just for work worn with a EFM wool or lambswool sweater and OCBD.
get your cop on!

Do you have any fit pics of the navy tasmanian slim fit blazer?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads