• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories Appreciation thread

DanielBA

Reaction score
Congrats!!!... both umbrellas look excellent. Have you been in Napoli?... if yes, I assume you have enjoyed the City, the people and the food... I have some relatives there

Lucy J

Reaction score
Sturdy Brigg golfer blown in on itself and completely destroyed in horrendous squall this morning as I was walking to the office. Horizontal sheets of rain swept along on sustained storm force winds with hurricane force gusts - I was blown to a standstill on a particularly windy corner, and the whole (double rib) frame just snapped as it couldn't take the pounding it was getting from the raging wind.....

Lucy J

Reaction score
Not like me to go designer rather than high-end for an umbrella but I've just bought a lulu guinness bright red walking umbrella with clear plastic lips in four of the panels. Bit of fun for the spring and summer and not expensive at £35. Should look good with my very short pixie cut blonde hair, either my black or red trench, and of course bright red lipstick
1f484.png

Lucy J

Reaction score
Wind really getting up now and very heavy rain forecast for later. Could be a challenging walk home from the office. I hope my 10-rib James Smith umbrella will be able to cope...

Carl1955

Reaction score
Wind really getting up now and very heavy rain forecast for later. Could be a challenging walk home from the office. I hope my 10-rib James Smith umbrella will be able to cope...
Don't worry Lucy J, I'm sure you and the brolly will be fine, it's time to worry when you See Michael Fish on the BBC forecasting NO Hurricane as he did in 1987 and those of us of a certain age will remember what happened next!!!!!!!!!

Carl.

Lucy J

Reaction score
Bought myself a 30 inch Brigg golfer in London on Thursday when I got caught in the downpours. Never had a 30 inch Brigg before -it's huge and great for keeping the rain off but I may struggle with its size on the really windy days.....

Lucy J

Reaction score
Real deluge yesterday afternoon and evening. My gorgeous blue maglia umbrella and my navy Burberry trench kept me pretty dry as there was almost no wind, but the new 30 inch Brigg golfer would have kept more of the rain off. That amount of rain with a 30-40mph wind would have been pretty much impossible to cope with even with the Brigg golfer though

Plus - it was a mistake to wear open-toed shoes.....

Lucy J

Reaction score
So it wasn't meant to rain until 9pm but it's pouring now. Fortunately I didn't trust the forecast so I will be going to my 3.30 meeting in my red Burberry trench and sheltering under my Lulu Guinness bright red umbrella - the one with the cutout plastic lips in four of the panels. Quirky rather than high-end today (apart from the trench of course). No wind to speak of, so I should be ok even on the Brighton seafront in this heavy rain........

Lucy J

Reaction score
Good week coming up. More likely to be parasol weather rather than umbrella weather. However, I have a big brolly at the office in case of emergencies and always try to have a little folding brolly in my handbag...... Can never be too careful ☀️And we may be having ⚡️ by Friday ☔. Need to keep my well protected......

Lucy J

Reaction score
Going to the racing at Epsom on Friday and they are forecasting heavy thundery downpours. My outfit is blue and white so will probably take my blue Maglia umbrella, but a bit worried that if it really pours I might be better with my blue Brigg golfer??? First world problems.....

Lucy J

Reaction score
Weather warning now for Epsom tomorrow.... Am planning to risk just taking my Maglia - much more elegant than the Brigg golfer but will make a final decision in the morning ☔☔⚡️

Carl1955

Reaction score
H Lucy

Enjoy your day, hopefully the weather won't be too bad I'll look out for you and your umbrella on TV. A horse running tomorrow named Storm King very apt don't you think?

Lucy J

Reaction score
H Lucy

Enjoy your day, hopefully the weather won't be too bad I'll look out for you and your umbrella on TV. A horse running tomorrow named Storm King very apt don't you think?
Couple of winners including Enable in the Oaks, but was SO pleased I had my Maglia umbrella....Amazing ⚡️⚡️⚡️and up on the downs but my Maglia kept me dry ☔

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads