• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
vass has any discount/outlet in budapest?

what are the prices if you go directly to the store?

No outlet, the two stores in Budapest (close by on the same street) are their only stores. Any other stockists are dealers.

The prices in Budapest can be a little better, since they are usually willing to offer a cash payment discount if you ask nicely.

wristandfeet

Reaction score
Another year, another pair of MTO Vass.

Dark brown calfskin balmoral boots in U-last with natural welt tops, white welt stitching, Dainite-soles.

I'd say the calf used on these is better than what I've had before. The surface feels and looks finer and the leather hasn't creased nearly as much after use.

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com02.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com03.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com04.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com05.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com06.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com07.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com08.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com09.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com10.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com11.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com12.jpg
wow! these are really really gorgeous. aren these slightly shorter than regular boots? if so, pricing wise, are they considered boots or ankle boots?

thank you!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh I'm not giving up...As the late Fernando Lamas once said "it is more important to look good than to feel good!" :laugh:

The universal mantra of beautiful people...but, that is a sentiment I cannot endorse.....because I'm fugly :rimshot:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just receive this garnet cordovan single monk in U last, I don't see a lot of garnet cordovan being made up, thought it maybe good to share here.

View attachment 921750

Very nicely lasted! I’ve only ever seen Garnet on Allen Edmonds shoes. Lovely shoes, congrats. I wish U last worked for me, since it’s so elegant.

I was a little surprised when they told me they stock garnet now in addition to color 8, black, and antic cognac shell. But also sad that they will no longer make tall boots out of shell cordovan. That’s fairly tragic, imo.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was a little surprised when they told me they stock garnet now in addition to color 8, black, and antic cognac shell. But also sad that they will no longer make tall boots out of shell cordovan. That’s fairly tragic, imo.

given that is the only need I have for them to fill at this point, for me it's very tragic!

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very nicely lasted! I’ve only ever seen Garnet on Allen Edmonds shoes. Lovely shoes, congrats. I wish U last worked for me, since it’s so elegant.

another (shell) chukka in your future?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads