• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rogejo321

Reaction score
Was taking stock of my collection this AM. Also, wore the newest addition today. Boots in the top left. Dark brown museum with dark brown suede.

1NAVQMT.jpg

FfZwL5z.jpg

GGqgXIh.jpg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love those! I have an identical pair on order from a different maker. The Vass version is lovely.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Was taking stock of my collection this AM. Also, wore the newest addition today. Boots in the top left. Dark brown museum with dark brown suede.

1NAVQMT.jpg

FfZwL5z.jpg

GGqgXIh.jpg

That is a terrific Vass collection. Can you give us some information about your size in the different lasts?

rogejo321

Reaction score
That is a terrific Vass collection. Can you give us some information about your size in the different lasts?

Sure, happy to do so. I currently own 4 F last shoes, 1 U last, 1 Peter, and 1 P2. I take size 43 in all except the Peter and U last, which were sized up to a 43.5. The Peter last (it’s the alpine grain norweger second from the left), is actually quite a nice fit for me at the 43.5 size. Feels very F last esque. I made the mistake of going same size first, and it was way too small. I’m happy to comment on feel, but generally speaking the P2 is roomy (P2 is the grain boot in the back, bit more casual), but not roomy enough to size down. F, along with the sized up Peter and U all fit well, just slightly differently. Have another U on order, it’s growing on me.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Sure, happy to do so. I currently own 4 F last shoes, 1 U last, 1 Peter, and 1 P2. I take size 43 in all except the Peter and U last, which were sized up to a 43.5. The Peter last (it’s the alpine grain norweger second from the left), is actually quite a nice fit for me at the 43.5 size. Feels very F last esque. I made the mistake of going same size first, and it was way too small. I’m happy to comment on feel, but generally speaking the P2 is roomy (P2 is the grain boot in the back, bit more casual), but not roomy enough to size down. F, along with the sized up Peter and U all fit well, just slightly differently. Have another U on order, it’s growing on me.

Thank you, that is valuable information although we all know sizing is quite an individual thing. For me F last has the best fit in 42. I need to size up by .5 for the U last but then it is a bit too roomy around my ankles. Staying with the same size as F last it pinches my toes. Ideally I'd need a 42.25 in U last :) P2 last did not work out for me as the instep is quite low compared to F and U last imo (even in a derby). I have no experience with the Peter last although I must say the design of the norweger on the Peter last is growing on me...

Meyboom

Reaction score
And just out of curiosity: through which retailer are you buying your Vass shoes (or directly from Vass itself?)

rogejo321

Reaction score
And just out of curiosity: through which retailer are you buying your Vass shoes (or directly from Vass itself?)

I got my first pair from NoManWalksAlone. I was actually able to go in and try some on in NYC, which took some of the guesswork out. Then I was off and running. Bought a couple MTOs directly from the source, and the rest from Jeeves. Always had solid dealings with Tom. The Peter last norwegers and the valways were odd stock, and the French oxford and two other boots were MTO. Those recent addition boots took about 6 months to deliver. Must have been a tough design. Worth the wait though.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Vass take a while to reply to emails? Puzzling as I have sent them an email with an MTO request, but nothing back yet after nearly 1 week.

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Vass take a while to reply to emails? Puzzling as I have sent them an email with an MTO request, but nothing back yet after nearly 1 week.

In my recent experience, yes. Even once you have an email chain going replies are very sporadic. You might also try emailing from a different provider account if you have one. My last email landed in their spam filter before I tried sending from a different account.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’m sure you probably are, but just checking, are you using this:
[email protected]

Timea will eventually contact you most likely. And, yes I’ve had difficulty reaching them too. Another thing to consider, in the past they didn’t take direct orders from customers that had not actually visited their location in Budapest. This may have changed, others here may be able to comment on that.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the past they didn’t take direct orders from customers that had not actually visited their location in Budapest. This may have changed, others here may be able to comment on that.

That is correct. While prices are cheaper going directly through Vass (if you qualify) I can say that customer service has been questionable since Rezo left.

EDIT: My point of bringing that up is sometimes it's worth paying a little more if you will receive better and consistent service. Taking a week to respond might be unacceptable for some.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EDIT: My point of bringing that up is sometimes it's worth paying a little more if you will receive better and consistent service. Taking a week to respond might be unacceptable for some.

That is a really good point. To be honest even when Reszo was there I would catch heck in my communications with him. Timeliness is not a thing for them. I would always chalk it up to the Vass charm :lookaround: in the end I always got what I was after, a great pair of boots in my case.

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another year, another pair of MTO Vass.

Dark brown calfskin balmoral boots in U-last with natural welt tops, white welt stitching, Dainite-soles.

I'd say the calf used on these is better than what I've had before. The surface feels and looks finer and the leather hasn't creased nearly as much after use.

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com02.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com03.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com04.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com05.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com06.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com07.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com08.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com09.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com10.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com11.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com12.jpg

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another year, another pair of MTO Vass.

Dark brown calfskin balmoral boots in U-last with natural welt tops, white welt stitching, Dainite-soles.

I'd say the calf used on these is better than what I've had before. The surface feels and looks finer and the leather hasn't creased nearly as much after use.

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com02.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com03.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com04.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com05.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com06.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com07.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com08.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com09.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com10.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com11.jpg

MTO_brown_calf_balmoral_boots_by_Laszlo_Vass_for_Keikari_dot_com12.jpg
Beautiful Balmorals with the blind eyelets. Why din't they hand stitch the tip of the outsole?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads