• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe that is a gin and tonic, prepared with cucumber as is also my preference... Unbelievably refreshing!

Yes Sir.
Awesome & my mistake lol on my cell phone I assumed it was magarita lol
Like Margarita too, usually with female company.
smile.gif

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My relationship to liquor can be summed up by Ron Burgundy.
I too have a long history with Scotch, but in the heat and humidity of a Cincinnati summer, a G&T with Cucumber makes my life just a tiny bit less terrible...

As an aside, if you can find it, Old Pulteney 21 is probably the best Scotch I've ever had.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I too have a long history with Scotch, but in the heat and humidity of a Cincinnati summer, a G&T with Cucumber makes my life just a tiny bit less terrible...

As an aside, if you can find it, Old Pulteney 21 is probably the best Scotch I've ever had.

I normally get Bombay gin & tonic but I have never done cucumber. You & Zapasman have convinced me to give it a try
1f600.png

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I personally i am currently working on a bottle of Balvenie 21yr Portwood. One of the smoothest scotches i have tried

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

danielyam

Reaction score
i am thinking of having a pair of plum museum austerity made up in F last. Does anyone who have plum museum able to share more pictures on their shoes? Based on online pictures, the plum museum shade seems to be close to the dark gold museum shade.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i am thinking of having a pair of plum museum austerity made up in F last. Does anyone who have plum museum able to share more pictures on their shoes? Based on online pictures, the plum museum shade seems to be close to the dark gold museum shade. 

They're quite different

Here's gold next to plum:

Granted the plum is from a different maker, but I imagine that the Vass version is similar enough in color.

danielyam

Reaction score

They're quite different

Here's gold next to plum:

Granted the plum is from a different maker, but I imagine that the Vass version is similar enough in color.

Thanks for the pictures mate!

The medallion on your plum museum is nice!

Now I have a hard time deciding between both shades for the austerity u wings cos I thought both shades were rather similar!

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of plum museum and also a pair of gold museum on order from Vass so I'll post them when they come in.

bc78

Reaction score

Thanks for the pictures mate!

The medallion on your plum museum is nice!

Now I have a hard time deciding between both shades for the austerity u wings cos I thought both shades were rather similar!

Sort of depends how you plan on using them. I see the gold museum as being slightly more casual. I have a pair of oxblood austerity wings that I only wear with suits.

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, newbie here. I'm consider Vass as my wedding shoe.
Being a narrow feet 9C, and I would prefer wholecuts for my low instep feet & love the style.
Tried C&J Weymouth and 7E seems sitting on feet well.

I'm lost in color choice as I seldom dress up, and assume the wedding suit will be black or dark velvet tux.
A note would be I'm very slim - 27" waist and I couldn't manage to boast my size for years. Metabolism issue.

I wish to keep the shoe for daily use - while I will be in jeans and tee/polo as being in IT & video production, no dress up is required.

Would you all kindly share your thoughts with me? Cheers!

Last edited:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Overwhelming response will be black. You could also do a very deep brown if going with a midnight blue tux.

Look at a U last wholecut, with or without medallion, and see if you can try them on.

Or (while not Vass) jump over to Skoak's website and order that 946E Black Wholecut Enzo Bonafe in an 8UK. You can also return it if the fit is wrong, which is a plus.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads