• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

danielyam

Reaction score

Hi all, newbie here. I'm consider Vass as my wedding shoe. Being a narrow feet 9C, and I would prefer wholecuts for my low instep feet & love the style.
I'm lost in color choice as I seldom dress up, and assume the wedding suit will be black or dark velvet tux.

Would you all kindly share your thoughts with me? Cheers!

Congrats!

I would suggest a pair of oxblood plain captoes with a 3pcs dark navy suit.

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi all, newbie here. I'm consider Vass as my wedding shoe. Being a narrow feet 9C, and I would prefer wholecuts for my low instep feet & love the style.
I'm lost in color choice as I seldom dress up, and assume the wedding suit will be black or dark velvet tux.

Would you all kindly share your thoughts with me? Cheers!

I never wear black but had a pair of black wholecuts for my wedding. Mind you it's not for another year but with some manufacturers it takes a while and I didn't want to risk it. I'll be most likely wearing a navy tux

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Overwhelming response will be black. You could also do a very deep brown if going with a midnight blue tux.

Look at a U last wholecut, with or without medallion, and see if you can try them on.

Or (while not Vass) jump over to Skoak's website and order that 946E Black Wholecut Enzo Bonafe in an 8UK. You can also return it if the fit is wrong, which is a plus.

Thanks for tips. I forgot to add most of the time I'm in jeans/chino or shorts in Hong Kong summer heat.
Black's always great while could I spice it up a bit? Say plum museum calf.

Seems there's a retailer in Hong Kong, will try it out tomorrow, good day!

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never wear black but had a pair of black wholecuts for my wedding. Mind you it's not for another year but with some manufacturers it takes a while and I didn't want to risk it. I'll be most likely wearing a navy tux

Ah yes, navy tux would be a great pick.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not Vass but here's my GG wholecuts. I find that the P2 fits me well from Vass but that last wouldn't make a handsome or classy wholecut so I went with GG instead

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not Vass but here's my GG wholecuts. I find that the P2 fits me well from Vass but that last wouldn't make a handsome or classy wholecut so I went with GG instead

Congrats on getting hitched! Hope you have enough time to break them in before the big day. Leather soles take some work to get flexible.

bc78

Reaction score

I'm also wearing black wholecuts with a midnight tux at my wedding.

OP, I love Vass (going on my 6th pair) but if you don't think you'll be wearing them much, maybe the Meermin wholecuts? https://meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4630

They're nowhere near the quality of Vass but it sounds like you don't have much need for formal shoes and they will look good with your tux.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OP, I love Vass (going on my 6th pair) but if you don't think you'll be wearing them much, maybe the Meermin wholecuts? https://meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4630

They're nowhere near the quality of Vass but it sounds like you don't have much need for formal shoes and they will look good with your tux.

Dam man you are downgrading him massively

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

His feet will also be in serious pain within an hour

bc78

Reaction score

Yeah, it is a bit of a downgrade. Personally I love Vass but I'd rather have them for something I'd wear frequently. Didn't seem like the OP would wear formal shoes much. I could also see wanting something really nice for your wedding

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Considering maybe 1 or 2 occasions for formal wear, it's a practical & budget pick and great to stop me craving into more high-end shoes (so far my top tier one is C&J)...

bc78

Reaction score

Considering maybe 1 or 2 occasions for formal wear, it's a practical & budget pick and great to stop me craving into more high-end shoes (so far my top tier one is C&J)...

Or, you could get the budget wholecuts AND get a nice pair of Vass derbies or boots to wear to work

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm actually strongly considering a Vass WC in black for the same type of events. I wear suits often though so I'll get pretty regular wear from them. I used to have C&J Alex but I found the heel to be rather shallow.

For Vass I'm looking at the SP last (rumor has it that's it has a lower instep) and maybe go with my F size (half size down from U).

I'm also considering the Wildsmith Regent (http://www.wildsmith.com/regent-black-oxford#.V0XYvvkrKJA) made by AS. I find Carmina's leather and construction to be light and I prefer the heft of the British counterparts.

G&G Sinatra is my grail although I missed that boat... could have had it for like $600 some time ago but I didn't notice it went on sale.

EUtroll

Reaction score
I would also be interested with more information on the SP-last. Does it have a narrow fit like the u-last or is it more forgiving for us with wide feet?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads