• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

n-domino

Reaction score
Yeah, the nap of the suede is a bit longer than other suede (Alden, for example). It's very soft, and the creases don't appear as easily in the suede Vass uses.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

New suede chukkas on the F-last:
Makes me wish I could fit into the Fs. I have P2 in that model (dark brown calf), and while I don't dislike it, there are better uses for that last.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that chukka, heck, I like it in the U last too...

Last edited:

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, the suede shoes where not unlined.
Below a picture with the two F-lasts, both in size 41. Suede in standard width (F), calf in wide (G). Lacing fully closed on F-width and quite open in G-width.

Wow, that's just nutty.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Wow, that's just nutty.
Especially since the suede is noticeably chunkier. I wonder if they were part of the same order. Perhaps Vass switched the requests?

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my Gold Museum Calf in, very happy with the end product!

There is a twist to this pair, it shows that Vass really inspects their shoes and aim for perfection.

last week Rezso sent me this:

"Today we have finished your 4th pair as well. Unfortunately there are some leather faults on the shoe.
Please find enclosed a few picture to the email! We’ll make a new pair of shoe for you.Would you like to
have the same? Or meanwhile you have changed your mind? Please let me know! I am really sorry about
the shoes!"

"The leather is perfectly stretched. Just there are some lighter shades in the leather after polishing.
It isn’t really a deffect, just the manager at the workshop told me that’s not 100% perfect…. "

Here are the two photos, I wasn't too fussed especially when it's museum calf anyway, and Rezso and I worked something out, and now I have another pair of brown museum calf U-cap on the way!

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Now that's impressive! Vass = The Anti-Meermin
lol8[1].gif

Congratulations on a great kop. BTW did you go up a width or half size on the U?

Last edited:

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I ordered 39.5 for the F last, and 40 for the U last, but I think they sent me 40 in both lasts, I don't mind the extra room in my toes, so same in both lasts.

and also confirming what RogerP been saying, the fit is the same for both lasts up to the ball of the shoes, where the U last tapers off, and making the F last on the same size looks like a bigger sized shoe.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have I already asked if any store (preferably U.S.) is stocking a brown captoe oxford? I think NMWA carries a brown austerity brogue but no brown captoe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads