• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SHS

Reaction score
Do you get a discount if you use a credit card in the store, or does it have to be cash in the hungarian currency?

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
Do you get a discount if you use a credit card in the store, or does it have to be cash in the hungarian currency?

Just hardcore cash - and you get a better bargaining power paying in € than Florint....
Any payment option to avoid "declaring" is king.

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vass is now on my list of to haves this summer. Now I just gotta figure out which ones... That's the fun part.

archangle13

Reaction score
Not a fan of toes without caps, thus I'd love to see the Adelaide with a cap and a counter.
Hughes and St James of G&G are two of the best designs of said style imo.

Does a heel counter have any significant impact on fit?

On a side note, that Italian oxford in cognac just looks sickly.

Fiddler

Reaction score
Something tells me euros will be nicer as they tend to quote prices in euros.

sm31

Reaction score
Based on images here, it seems the OEII is perfectly suited to the F last. Any views on whether it'd work on a P2?

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
Something tells me euros will be nicer as they tend to quote prices in euros.

Their high cost base is raw material and more raw materials, mostly sourced in Euros from France for Calf, Sole from Germany and Exotic & Crocs from Italy. With exception of Shell from USA.

Luckily for us, their labour cost all in florint to the local craftsman...otherwise we be paying Lobb prices.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
^ rogerp makes very good posts. Also Vass doesn't deduct the 20% vat making ascot that much more relatively attractive

I have never been offered this VAT deduction when I asked them to send to my Swiss address.

Their published prices all include VAT, which is 27% in Hungary, not 20, so it makes it worthwhile ensuring it's deducted where possible!

Switzerland isn't in the European Union, but IS in the European Economic Area (similar to NAFTA). Therefore VAT is still payable.

In order to deduct VAT, Vass need to provide evidence (i.e. the courier documentation) to show that the goods have been sold outside the European Economic Area.

Last edited:

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
Do they take USD?

Yes - and there are lots of exchange booth giving very attractive rates.....they'll easily beat your bank by 10%!!!

For goddness sake don't change your money with any timbukto that approach you on the Vaci utca....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads