• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are from BC, check shopmehra, some great stuff there.

Don't think it's sale season but always check Nordstrom/ Saks Fifth.

I have a pair of brand new Paolo Scafora black cap toe oxford (UK7 but they go bigger) I am thinking of letting go, it would be a bit higher than your budget, but let me know if you are interested.

Thanks you for that and the offer on Paolo Scafora. I just can't justify spending more than my budget on shoes that I would only wear a few times a year.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For leather conditioning, does anyone else use Bick 4? If so, do you have a GTA source?

I bought mine online, but figured there must be some local store that sells it. Thanks.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For leather conditioning, does anyone else use Bick 4? If so, do you have a GTA source?

I bought mine online, but figured there must be some local store that sells it. Thanks.

Not sure about any store that carries it but I remember when I was searching for one I found some on Amazon.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure about any store that carries it but I remember when I was searching for one I found some on Amazon.

Same, bought mine on Amazon.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Figured I may as well ask here.

I'm looking for a natural deodorant that's aluminum and zinc free, something that won't leave stains on my shirts.

If any of you use something that fits the above, I'm open to suggestions, local or otherwise!

Reaction score

I'm looking for a natural deodorant that's aluminum and zinc free, something that won't leave stains on my shirts.

If any of you use something that fits the above, I'm open to suggestions, local or otherwise!

Most likely not zinc and aluminum free but I've been using L’Homme Deodorant by YSL for about a year and like it a lot. No stains on shirts or allergic reactions.

velomane

Reaction score

rwtc

Reaction score
Check out Woolridge shoes, in the Path.

Owner Ivor Woolridge sells only English brands like Cheaney, Loake, and Sanders. He is a really nice guy and will make sure the shoes fit properly.

Robert Jones and Brooks Brothers offer brands like Crockett Jones but those will cost more.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe Peal & Co was discontinued. They now carry some Italian made shoes that weren’t particular eye catching IMHO. Peals were better quality.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've tried many. Really think found the one. It's called Earth Science liken plant. Available at Whole Foods.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who is (are) the best cobbler (s) in toronto from your opinion?

Tough call. I have only used 2 Toronto cobblers. Alex from Valentina and Alphonse from Bay Bloor Shoe Repair.

Alphonse's work is definitely better, and is the go to cobbler for Ivor Woolridge and the former Dacks stores.

I want to try Rob who is beside Spier and McKay.

Who is your favourite? I would like to have a local cobbler.

Mailing to US, Vancouver, Sudbury, and Thunder Bay is annoying.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tough call. I have only used 2 Toronto cobblers. Alex from Valentina and Alphonse from Bay Bloor Shoe Repair.

Alphonse's work is definitely better, and is the go to cobbler for Ivor Woolridge and the former Dacks stores.

I want to try Rob who is beside Spier and McKay.

Who is your favourite? I would like to have a local cobbler.

Mailing to US, Vancouver, Sudbury, and Thunder Bay is annoying.

I don't know, had nick make a couple toe plates, some tiny task here and there. Never had experience in "big tasks", that's why I asked...lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics