• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

partenopean

Reaction score
Robert Jones is closing in March.
Anyone interested in a Toronto styleforum get-together at Robert Jones?
I am not sure how to do a poll on this site.

Tentative dates:

Thurs Feb 23
Fri March 24
Thurs March 2
Fri March 3
Thurs March 9
Fri March 10

What's the preference?

Given sufficient interest, I'll contact Robert Jones and see what we can arrange. I'm pretty sure they'll oblige.

@RogerP @maebach @suitforcourt @KWang94 @induere_to Feel free to tag more please.

Bersabee

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a leather/suede garment altered?

Nothing major needs to be done - just a sleeve shortening

Ranjeev

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a leather/suede garment altered?

Nothing major needs to be done - just a sleeve shortening
I'd be interested in this as well. Thinking about having a jacket taken in. It is passable but think it would get more wear if it was altered, if possible. Thanks.

maebach

Reaction score

Tentative dates:

Thurs Feb 23
Fri March 24
Thurs March 2
Fri March 3
Thurs March 9
Fri March 10

What's the preference?

Given sufficient interest, I'll contact Robert Jones and see what we can arrange. I'm pretty sure they'll oblige.

@RogerP @maebach @suitforcourt @KWang94 @induere_to Feel free to tag more please.

Id be interested but Im away until March 15. Most days after that would work for me.

Bersabee

Reaction score
I'd be interested in this as well. Thinking about having a jacket taken in. It is passable but think it would get more wear if it was altered, if possible. Thanks.
Perfect leather does alterations according to Tim.

Google review seem to support that.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped by Woolridge Shoes to say hi to Ivor. I'm glad to see he's hanging in. He told me his sales have dropped about 50% of pre-pandemic. So he can cover the rent but he refuses to let go because he's put so much money into the business.

He is selling off the last of the Trickers but is bringing in Sanders, and Crockett Jones. Edward Green is a maybe.

Sanders is a great entry brand and offers many different widths. I'd love to grab some EG and CJ as well.

chiggyv

Reaction score
Dropped by Woolridge Shoes to say hi to Ivor. I'm glad to see he's hanging in. He told me his sales have dropped about 50% of pre-pandemic. So he can cover the rent but he refuses to let go because he's put so much money into the business.

He is selling off the last of the Trickers but is bringing in Sanders, and Crockett Jones. Edward Green is a maybe.

Sanders is a great entry brand and offers many different widths. I'd love to grab some EG and CJ as well.

I'm mistified that the pandemic didn't drive Ivor towards developing an online presence.

I say this out of frustration more than anything..I've shopped with him in the past but live outside of the GTA now. I just purchased a pair of C&J and totally forgot he was down there in the PATH.

FreshSalmon

Reaction score

Hilarious - I popped in today too and had a similar conversation. Looking forward to seeing what CJ shoes he brings in. Mentioned the price point would be 800-1100ish? somewhere around there.

Still very happy with my Loake's I purchased from him a few years ago. Might keep up with Loake given the price point is more accessible.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hilarious - I popped in today too and had a similar conversation. Looking forward to seeing what CJ shoes he brings in. Mentioned the price point would be 800-1100ish? somewhere around there.

Still very happy with my Loake's I purchased from him a few years ago. Might keep up with Loake given the price point is more accessible.

Loake is solid. I have 3 pairs of Loake from Ivor.

Yeah CJ is pushing over $1000. They don't offer anything in my width unless I order MTO with a minimum of 15 pair purchase (different sizes is fine).

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm mistified that the pandemic didn't drive Ivor towards developing an online presence.

I say this out of frustration more than anything..I've shopped with him in the past but live outside of the GTA now. I just purchased a pair of C&J and totally forgot he was down there in the PATH.

This is strictly my guess: Ivor is either resistant to an online presence, or doesn't have the know how to run an online business. And doesn't want to spend the money to hire someone who can do the online part for him.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm happy to see he's going to expand his Sanders offerings. I have a pair of Worcester derbies from Pediwear (RIP) that I wear during the winter months and it's been the perfect chunky black derby for my casual outfits. I could've sworn he did carry them when he first opened, but I haven't checked out the shop since the pandemic began and perhaps I'm just misremembering.

I'm assuming it's some mix of being online resistant + budgetary reasons for the lack of online presence as well. There's no indication on whether he has a mailing list either (maybe he has that, but you sign up in person).

burgerkong

Reaction score
Pablo Hadarits at Dimar in Guelph is doing 2 pairs for me right now. $110 for flush toe plates and sole guards.

If you want, I'm visiting him again sometime in February. We can meet up and I can drop them off for you.

Check out the separate thread I created for the shop.

Have you gone yet? The Nick's job is atrocious now that I've had time to look at it in depth (I know, too many shoes shame on me). Not worth it at all, minimal ***** given by their cobbler.

The tap should have been hammered flat to match the sole profile, and I think this is the wrong size tap (they only had one size). Screws barely inserted and you can see them forcing the welt apart. Not to mention the scuffed toe. I did tell them I would be polishing it again but it had a decent mirror shine on it, least they could do was NOT sand the toe on the buffer.

AVOID.

Attachments

• 20230226_131159.jpg
    20230226_131159.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20230226_131144.jpg
    20230226_131144.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230226_131020.jpg
    20230226_131020.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 20230226_131007.jpg
    20230226_131007.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 20230226_130957.jpg
    20230226_130957.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 119

Pomegranates

Reaction score

Tentative dates:

Thurs Feb 23
Fri March 24
Thurs March 2
Fri March 3
Thurs March 9
Fri March 10

What's the preference?

Long time reader, new poster. I'd be interested.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just heard on the radio that Nordstrom is closing all stores in Canada by June. I hope the deals will be good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads