• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

flx

Reaction score
Is there any chance that the HW-01 preorder deadline could be extended beyond 15th July? I wanted to check the sizing on the SF-01 before committing to a size on the HW-01, and it looks like the SF-01 might only arrive on or after the 15th.

we might keep the HW-01 pre-orders open for a bit more! Just enough to let you all try the SF-01 on first

Source ?

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there any chance that the HW-01 preorder deadline could be extended beyond 15th July? I wanted to check the sizing on the SF-01 before committing to a size on the HW-01, and it looks like the SF-01 might only arrive on or after the 15th.
Yes we’ll extend it for at least another week!

Butterfeet

Reaction score
You're right and also the texture seems much less pronounced but I hope that's just the lighting. It's always very astonishing how much lightning can change the appearance of some products.

That's what I feel too. There doesn't appear to be much burnishing from what I can tell from the photos. But I'll reserve judgement when I receive the shoes. The shoes do look ok, but the colour seems to lack the depth suggested by the photos on the website.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
I think perhaps I may have said something in the past to confuse things. So all the shoes arrived and are here, so I guess short answer is it isn't going by colour or type.

Shipping is taking place by whatever we can clear out fastest. Yesterday it was DHL orders to the US of one shoe as we managed a late pick up slot.

All UK orders have been packed and ready to go to Royal Mail special delivery. I think they will go first thing Monday morning.

DHL morning pickup on Monday midday (we will begin at 7.30 am) for all remaining US shipments (including multi-pair orders) as well as Rest of the World orders that are being fulfilled by DHL.

Monday 1- 4 will then be Royal Mail rest of the world orders (both singles and multi-pair orders) which should then be everything.

Adriano has sent us the shoes in some pretty ok boxes but ultimately we want to dispatch these with the right packaging that was ordered for them (standard very high end Archibald green shoe box). Our major issue now is the shoe boxes which were supposed to have arrived 2 weeks ago apparently are facing delivery issues with DPD (honestly really ridiculous), with our growth over the past 2 years I have fortunately managed to almost forget about operations but now I am effectively part of Tak's warehouse team it is crazy some of the things that are causing issues. These boxes were promised to us by the 1st and have apparently had delivery issues since then even though they are handmade in England. So at the moment we need those boxes to arrive by Monday morning in order to remain on track here but there is no clarity from the manufacturers nor DPD about why they aren't here. We are somewhat praying they show up today as otherwise it would be a real jarr come Monday with all of us so ready to go anx being held back by these boxes.

That sounds like a bit of a nightmare. DPD is also often just losing my parcels and delivering them two weeks later after complaining, it's ridicolous. That's something I am a bit worried as well, since royal mail deliveries to Germany are handed to DPD and it's always a bit of hit or miss, especially now with the covid situation.

I'll stay fingers crossed for those boxes. Thanks guys

flx

Reaction score
That sounds like a bit of a nightmare. DPD is also often just losing my parcels and delivering them two weeks later after complaining, it's ridicolous. That's something I am a bit worried as well, since royal mail deliveries to Germany are handed to DPD and it's always a bit of hit or miss, especially now with the covid situation.

I'll stay fingers crossed for those boxes. Thanks guys
Or maybe, if you haven't already settled for a deal with Royal Mail for the Germany delivery, just use DHL (or UPS/FedEx) please ?
That'd make the life of every german SF-01 buyer so much easier since DPD, GLS and Hermes are really awful.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
Or maybe, if you haven't already settled for a deal with Royal Mail for the Germany delivery, just use DHL (or UPS/FedEx) please ?
That'd make the life of every german SF-01 buyer so much easier since DPD, GLS and Hermes are really awful.

Hehe totally true.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
we might keep the HW-01 pre-orders open for a bit more! Just enough to let you all try the SF-01 on first

My SF-01's are due on Tuesday. Assuming the quality is good, and that the HW-01 remains open, my only decision will be between natty and cognac shell and the pebbled calfskin. Beautiful design at a virtually risk-free price point.

flx

Reaction score
My SF-01's are due on Tuesday. Assuming the quality is good, and that the HW-01 remains open, my only decision will be between natty and cognac shell and the pebbled calfskin. Beautiful design at a virtually risk-free price point.
Or you could support their shell cordovan efforts so we all get even more cordovan products in the future ?

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or you could support their shell cordovan efforts so we all get even more cordovan products in the future ?

Agreed ?, though I thought that was clear from my post.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads