• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool video... What would the pricing be on the GYW sneakers?
Not cheap.

So at Naked is looking at around 575 USD but we need to price in the spare sets of Margom soles as well.

Full price
Also, for reference @ArchibaldRoh , if I am 42 in the sneakers with a foot length of about ~26.7mm and a slightly wide ball, would I be a 42 in the Hand Welted or a 41.5?

Tough to say, how does the 42 feel? Is there space up top? I wear 42's and a 41.5 hw but the 42s are big for me. The 41s work and i can wiggle my toes but they feel tight.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not cheap.

So at Naked is looking at around 575 USD but we need to price in the spare sets of Margom soles as well.

Full price

Tough to say, how does the 42 feel? Is there space up top? I wear 42's and a 41.5 hw but the 42s are big for me. The 41s work and i can wiggle my toes but they feel tight.
So on a related note, I just got my green sneakers in, and the 39 fits fine but I wouldn't want them any smaller.
Same size in the dress shoe? Or size up?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So on a related note, I just got my green sneakers in, and the 39 fits fine but I wouldn't want them any smaller.
Same size in the dress shoe? Or size up?
All about the length here... if you could do with some length on a dress shoe given its not as wide as sneakers then i'd go a half size up.

in the list going up there is this beautiful Anticato Burgundy HW-01, flawless that someone cancelled because they were late.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All about the length here... if you could do with some length on a dress shoe given its not as wide as sneakers then i'd go a half size up.

in the list going up there is this beautiful Anticato Burgundy HW-01, flawless that someone cancelled because they were late.
Awesome, I will be watching for that.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is probably about 0.5" in front of my toes, feels fine. Maybe a bit of heel slip, but think that is due to the low profile of the heel cup in the SF-01s. Right foot is smaller slightly. The 28cm insole seems to work well, but may need a touch less

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is probably about 0.5" in front of my toes, feels fine. Maybe a bit of heel slip, but think that is due to the low profile of the heel cup in the SF-01s. Right foot is smaller slightly. The 28cm insole seems to work well, but may need a touch less
Sounds like you are a 41.5 then.

vcarter

Reaction score
This does not include whatever duties will be charged on arrival.

As I know if the product is made in the UK or EU, there are no customs duties for EU shipments (statement of origin is required on the customs form).

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I know if the product is made in the UK or EU, there are no customs duties for EU shipments (statement of origin is required on the customs form).
your problem is never duty, its always VAT or IVA and then whatever nonsense administrative fee the post office or courier charge to claim it from you - a total jarr.

vcarter

Reaction score
your problem is never duty, its always VAT or IVA and then whatever nonsense administrative fee the post office or courier charge to claim it from you - a total jarr.

Yes, destination country's VAT is applicable (and UK VAT isn't), but you mentioned duties.
edit: admin fee is an extra (some sellers pay that in advance for DDP)

Last edited:

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, destination country's VAT is applicable (and UK VAT isn't), but you mentioned duties. There are no other extra costs besides the VAT.
yup so when we price it up for European customers we will not be including the destination VAT nor the admin charges. All subsequent charges are not included which is why I am pricing them in USD... clean and free.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forthcoming ill spend a few hours messaging everyone early next week so people have time to select handwelted if they want.
do you have a rough approx price for the handwelted on the google doc? I.E. sneakers are around 90USD, handwelted will be around _USD

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads