• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Hand-Welted Dress Shoes GMTO

CWV

Reaction score
Done!
I didn’t understand the part about internat and external eyelets, did you mean the metal reinforcement?

And about the brougeing. I think a wingtip wholexut is a bit of a contradiction because the wingtip renounces to the simplicity, but I like a lot the Tony of Fitzpatrick which only has the outline of the wingtip punctured in the cap. I find that it is a subtle offset of the plainess making it a bit less too formal giving it more versatility. That’s why I chose toe bougeing think it was the nearest option to the Tony

Last edited:

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Done!
I didn’t understand the part about internat and external eyelets, did you mean the metal reinforcement?

And about the brougeing. I think a wingtip wholexut is a bit of a contradiction because the wingtip renounces to the simplicity, but I like a lot the Tony of Fitzpatrick which only has the outline of the wingtip punctured in the cap. I find that it is a subtle offset of the plainess making it a bit less too formal giving it more versatility. That’s who I chose toe bougeing think it was the nearest option to the Tony
I believe what was meant by toe brougeing was precisely that, the punched holes.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Remember when we were selling hand-welted dress shoes but had no idea they were hand-welted and launched them as "Goodyear a mano" or hand-made goodyear shoes and then learned from the SF community that there was no such thing and the shoes we were offering were, in fact, hand-welted, this increasingly rare technique and were effectively under-selling the shoes we were offering?

That wasn't so long ago...

ixk

Reaction score
results thus far are overwhelmingly consistent. I guess not very surprised.

You could add some extra variants: perhaps for the type of stitching. Single, double or triple row. Invisible stitching, reverse stitching, etc. You could make the cap-toe at an angle ressembling a chevron, like Jan Kielman for instance:

1583552279935.png

You could color the underside of the outsole a certain color. Santoni does orange, Sutor Mantellassi light blue.

Maybe you could do green, like the color of your shoe box?

I don't recall the number of eyelets being in the survey, but I filled it out quickly.
Stormwelt could be another variant that I don't believe adds much work to the process. Also, half-length or full-length sockliner.
Brass nails, if any on the outsole and/or heel?

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You could add some extra variants: perhaps for the type of stitching. Single, double or triple row. Invisible stitching, reverse stitching, etc. You could make the cap-toe at an angle ressembling a chevron, like Jan Kielman for instance:

View attachment 1351008

You could color the underside of the outsole a certain color. Santoni does orange, Sutor Mantellassi light blue.

I don't recall the number of eyelets being in the survey, but I filled it out quickly.
Stormwelt could be another variant that I don't believe adds much work to the process. Also, half-length or full-length sockliner.
We're working on a green sole with our craftsman! Will send pictures once it's ready. Personally love the cap-toe you posted

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1351008

Number of eyelets was not for the wholecut oxford.

That's great pointers particularly for a hand-welted cap-toe oxford.I think we can get that going pretty easily as well.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene