• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not that they're too narrow in general, it's that my foot goes too far into the tapered tip such that my toes get squished together. Which is surprising as everyone seems to say that NDC's run long. Maybe they finally got their act together and decided to start making their shoes actually fit TTS....

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DSC_0217-1.jpg
Augusta oiled cordovan backzips

Green_Pinguin

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I`m searching for a good pair of cheap boots, that are a bit dressy but going good with a casual style and jeans. I would really like Alden Indy Boots in black, but they`re too expensive for me. What do guys think of a pair doc`martens 10 eye, but they aren`t dressy I think. So other good cheap alternatives?

Thanks

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Green_Pinguin
Hi guys,

I`m searching for a good pair of cheap boots, that are a bit dressy but going good with a casual style and jeans. I would really like Alden Indy Boots in black, but they`re too expensive for me. What do guys think of a pair doc`martens 10 eye, but they aren`t dressy I think. So other good cheap alternatives?

Thanks

Wolverine 1000 Mile.

Retail is $325 or so (still cheaper then Alden) but can be had for around $200-275 if you're patient.

And I wouldn't call DM 'dressy'.

Green_Pinguin

Reaction score
Yes Wolverins would be a good alternative, but still too expensive need something
around 100 $, if there anything good exist. And thanks for your fast answer!

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No such thing as good at $100. You get what you pay for. Save up and get something decent

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
If you're really cheap like me,

http://www.shoesinternational.co.uk/...s/m7b/p/13735/

I've heard good things about Grafters, especially considering the price point. I really want a pair of these for F/W, but I just dropped close to $500 on new shirts so they'll have to wait.

I've only heard bad things about Grafters, as a search will tell you.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes Wolverins would be a good alternative, but still too expensive need something

At full retail, your best bet is probably the LL Bean Katahdin boot suggested by ubc121 above, I think. $159, or thereabouts, manufactured by Chippewa. Do a search on these, I think there is a review thread somewhere.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...Id=1&langId=-1

If I were you, though, I would familiarize myself with the better brands and try to get something on discount.

lawlercon

Reaction score
4928123701_3a9b9c2af9_b.jpg

4928129219_0b3ef78d6f_b.jpg

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks

One time I tried on a pair of Doc Marten "James" boots and the pull tabs came off in my fingers when I tried to get them on my feet. Complete and total junk. They looked hilariously bad.

Maybe a pair of clark's desert boots? Even those are shoddy, but fulfills your request, except they aren't very dressy.

dave333

Reaction score
ll bean katahdins should fit the bill for a 100-200 dollar, quality boot

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads