The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Johnny_5, Nov 13, 2008.

1. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

anyone have any exp w/ cole haan? i kinda of like these [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] they usually have 20% off to 30% coupons and these would be at 200.00 w/ discount..which is my price range for new boots (unfortnately)

2. rocks

rocks Senior member

Forget Cole Haans, buy my PS Corso's instead man.....

3. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Can I get an SF consensus on these Chippewas?

[​IMG]

Assuming one removes the flag?

4. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

depends, do you work in masonry or sheetmetal?

5. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

depends, do you work in masonry or sheetmetal?

Negative, but I'm living in NYC and need a pair of boots for the snow/rain. I'm thinking DBs won't cut it.

6. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

7. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

Assuming one removes the flag?

I think the Chippewa 25290 would be better in snow with the lug sole.

[​IMG]

8. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

Negative, but I'm living in NYC and need a pair of boots for the snow/rain. I'm thinking DBs won't cut it.
    In that case Tricker's Stow commando or other british "country" boot will be plenty sufficient. It's not like you're going to be trudging through the mud all day laying pipe, or building log cabins on the frontiers of Williamsburg.

9. genericman

genericman Senior member

any suggestions for a plain slim derby in black, pref from $250-400. i was looking for quality from the northhampton makers but not so slim. the apc derby from tres (http://www.tresbienshop.net/en/art/apc-derbies.php) is ideally what id like but id like my experience with apc is you just toss them when they're done. checked out kelvin's kirks, but id think theyd be too clownish for my 10.5 feet

10. chroMe

chroMe Senior member

[​IMG]
    T&F Slack reasonably priced at 185gbp. Looking to get the green ones. Would look good with my future purchase of a Marc Jacobs army jacket with light blue 'rinse' faux collar.

11. meso

meso Senior member

anyone have any exp w/ cole haan? i kinda of like these they usually have 20% off to 30% coupons and these would be at 200.00 w/ discount..which is my price range for new boots (unfortnately)
    Look like Timberland 1000 mile boots, which you can get for around that price (or less even) if you are patient. Just trust me, you don't want to get a cole haan boot when there are others out there of solid quality. A cheap boot is just going to feel cheap, and you'll be wearing them all day! [​IMG]

12. meso

meso Senior member

These just arrived earlier this week. I paid 80 quid expecting NIB Loakes Burford boots, and when they arrived they were the Burford twos! Brand spanking new, just had to put an insole in em because they were a tad too spacious. Almost makes up for not getting the brogues I wanted in the Gilt Grenson sale a few days ago... they must have sold out in 60 seconds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. dagunit22

dagunit22 Senior member

I finally got a pair of the W+H service boots. Love the fit, but I was thinking about putting a thin rubber sole on them. The soles have been worn a bit with about a weeks worth of wear. I can take them to a local cobbler next week and I was wondering what options I have and what would work the best.

14. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

Look like Timberland 1000 mile boots, which you can get for around that price (or less even) if you are patient. Just trust me, you don't want to get a cole haan boot when there are others out there of solid quality. A cheap boot is just going to feel cheap, and you'll be wearing them all day!
    those are wolverines, not timbs i already gave the wolverine ascots a try but didnt like them in person, 1000 mile boots are too bulky for me

15. meso

meso Senior member

Sorry, late at night typo. Wolverine 1000 miles shouldn't be too bulky, as far as boots go (I don't know the ascots)... did you size down at all? There are a lot of options out there... if you want to ball out, these are gorgeous:

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...ck-Waxy/Detail

Red wing gentleman travelers are also an option and don't have a larger footprint than a dress shoe.