• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The single DUMBEST thing you have ever done in your life...

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
Might have topped my last dumbest thing. Was at a rave and my girlfriend asked me to pick her up and spin her around. Was holding her up pretty high and going fairly fast and I let go by accident and threw her into an amp. Pretty sure I fractured her leg and her arms fairly fucked up, she can't walk at all. Surprisingly she's fine with it, I bought her some cigarettes afterwards.

This is what happens when you only weigh 100 pounds.

Per the rest of the dumb ass in this thread... all I can say is not that dumb.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw her today. Leg wasn't fractured, just really sprained and bruised and her arm is really cut up though. Fairly grim, but surprisingly she's not pissed? Seems to think its her fault.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw her today. Leg wasn't fractured, just really sprained and bruised and her arm is really cut up though. Fairly grim, but surprisingly she's not pissed? Seems to think its her fault.

It's her fault for dating you.
laugh.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

At least she has cigarettes.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It wasn't even cigarettes really. It was 12.5g of golden virginia rolling tobacco. Normal cigarettes are far too expensive in England.

AFG34

Reaction score
not going for my driving license as soon as i was eligible - would've had a phat government job this summer

msza

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
There was a girl I was basically in love with from 1st-12th grade and I never told her how I felt because she was soooo hot and I was sooo shy. Plus, from middle school and on she always had a boyfriend. I ran into her at a party last year in our hometown and we hit it off. We started hanging out and we both talked about how we had always had huge crushes on each other. Then the 2nd time we hung out we got really drunk at my place and fucked like marsupials on my couch.

A week later, I got the whole, "I thought there was more to you than sex" and "I'm not like that" crap. I totally dropped the ball with the girl of my dreams. I mean, I would have married this girl on the spot.

I take solace in the fact that, in a couple years, I'll probably just be glad ******** her.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bunnyoswaldo
1) holding up a rural WVa convenience store when I was in college....for the thrill of it....netted like $28 dolllars and years of paranoia

2) skateboarding down I-64 Afton Mountain while they had one side closed to install fog lights

3) drinking 4 triple Vodka shots in 15 minutes and then driving home.....

I could go on...but that sums it up. So for awhile I guess I was trying to get someone to help me commit suicide....

As a whole, this pretty much beats anyone else's

Originally Posted by Dakota rube
At least she has cigarettes.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by msza
I take solace in the fact that, in a couple years, I'll probably just be glad ******** her.

This is true.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bunnyoswaldo
1) holding up a rural WVa convenience store when I was in college....for the thrill of it....netted like $28 dolllars and years of paranoia

2) skateboarding down I-64 Afton Mountain while they had one side closed to install fog lights

3) drinking 4 triple Vodka shots in 15 minutes and then driving home.....

I could go on...but that sums it up. So for awhile I guess I was trying to get someone to help me commit suicide....

MOAR!
colgate.gif

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
going to post and subscribe in this thread so i can tell mine at a later date.

it happened too recently and i'd like to make sure i am not charged before i talk about it.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjakapeanut
going to post and subscribe in this thread so i can tell mine at a later date.

it happened too recently and i'd like to make sure i am not charged before i talk about it.

This sounds promising!
lurker[1].gif

Constantin

Reaction score
got a job teaching chinese at a public highschool in southern china shortly after graduating from college. i get there and see the ****** city (shenzhen) and decide I want to bail before i sign the contract and live in beijing.

because it was a public school, the city police got involved, and the bum directors of the teaching program hold our passports hostage. my friend who quit with me calls in a family friend who is high up in the local army but he says he can't help us in this situ. We call the american embassy and they help us out-- long story short I got deported because my visa was contingent on the job. had to spend a lot of money and many trips to hong kong to get back in china for good, because i couldnt afford a ticket back to america.

OR

As a very frequent rock climber i saw an advertisement at my climbing gym to be a sawyer (cutting trees). 150 bucks for a few hours a day of work---a college kids dream I thought. I get up there with basically no safety equipment climb about 120 feet up a tree with a chainsaw and then realize i don't really know how to use one (especially one handed). ******** up the first cut and the 50 foot top of the tree came down, hitting my arm on the way to the roof of the house below. It just missed the roof but took out the power lines and cut my arm up bad.

I had to finish the job though, and I was convinced I was going to die up there. I cut my finger up badly on another one of the cuts (epic fail). I got my money and swore to myself I would never climb a tree like that again.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not going to Harvard Law School (someplace similar) when I graduated from Oxford. Hell, I might be a Supreme Court justice today!

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Constantin

OR

As a very frequent rock climber i saw an advertisement at my climbing gym to be a sawyer (cutting trees). 150 bucks for a few hours a day of work---a college kids dream I thought. I get up there with basically no safety equipment climb about 120 feet up a tree with a chainsaw and then realize i don't really know how to use one (especially one handed). ******** up the first cut and the 50 foot top of the tree came down, hitting my arm on the way to the roof of the house below. It just missed the roof but took out the power lines and cut my arm up bad.

I had to finish the job though, and I was convinced I was going to die up there. I cut my finger up badly on another one of the cuts (epic fail). I got my money and swore to myself I would never climb a tree like that again.

That's actually really, really ******* dumb.

svelten

Reaction score
I crashed into a guard rail once. Fell asleep on the wheel thanks to a red-eye 5 hour drive that I decided to take even though I pulled an all nighter the night before. Car was totalled but I was miraculously fine. Completely got off the hook through a bizarre series of events and insurance company gave me a new vehicle as a replacement.

Also have tons of drunk stories, all involving girls dumping me the next day for something I did that I can't even remember doing.

Or how about opting to stay home and play video games in junior high every summer instead of spending the holidays at a beach resort home with some rich cousins. Sounds benign but man do I regret it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads