• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It might be European tannery or Japanese tannery Cordovan and not Horween.

I would think it most likely is, but isn’t the size of the animal a more determinate factor in shell size than the tannery? Or does horween cut more closely than others?

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that from the recent EP SW promo or from somewhere else? Either way, I’m always an advocate for green pants, so looking good!

Nice shoes too, lol

J Crew, actually. I only saw them once, ordered fast, and haven’t seen anything like it since.

Haven’t dipped my toe in epaulet yet, have been meaning to but i am a difficult fit in trousers and haven’t invested the time yet. I may just stop in when I’m next in southern Cal...

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Purple Trickers for the trip to the Home Depot.

IMG_20180810_102437.jpg

vestbash

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if this belt is shell? It's from Saks. Here is the listing:

View attachment 1016712 View attachment 1016713

In the title it says cordovan but in the details it just says Italian leather. It was offered in brown, green, navy, gray, and tobacco. I received it today and it's hard for me to tell what kind of leather it is. It doesn't say anything on the lining other than the brand and made in Italy. Here are some pics:

View attachment 1016715 View attachment 1016716 View attachment 1016717 View attachment 1016718 View attachment 1016719 View attachment 1016720 View attachment 1016721

What do you guys think?

Definitely not shell. It appears to be a heavily corrected calfskin leather.

Hasselmannen

Reaction score
Congrats and good luck! It's a slippery slope from here...

Thanks! And about that slippery slope, it all started with a pair of Loake 1880 for a job interview. After that I bought a pair of second hand C&J Audley on eBay, it was my first very first pair of shoes with leather sole. At that point I was already in love with the whole concept of goodyear welted high quality shoes, and particuallary C&J.
Of course i ’needed’ a pair of black Tetbury, box new this time. A pair of jumper boots from Carlos Santos just happened. And i have yet to buy something in suede.

And now I opened pandoras box of shell cordovan... oh my... this will be expensive.
Knowing I need at least 3 more shell pairs before I’m
satisfied. Someting brown and brougey, someting burgundy and a pair of boots.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely not shell. It appears to be a heavily corrected calfskin leather.

Thanks for your input. Out of curiosity how could you tell? and while I realize that pricing doesn’t always make sense, I would be surprised that they would price a “heavily corrected calfskin leather” belt at 199.

PSU John

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. Out of curiosity how could you tell? and while I realize that pricing doesn’t always make sense, I would be surprised that they would price a “heavily corrected calfskin leather” belt at 199.

...and I would be surprised if it were truly shell at $199, and even more surprised if it were shell without using more than one piece for that size!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads