• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Nemesis_4

Reaction score
Lytton springs always a solid offering from ridge.

AA1370BF-2A94-4399-9417-8CA655282A9E.jpeg

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've missed a couple but nothing that I'm losing sleep over. Seems like their pricing is close to "average community pricing" on Cellar Tracker for many bottles -- meaning the deals are good but comparable to those who hunt.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to say this is a huge time sink .... refreshing, checking vivino / cellar-tracker / etc. then seeing if you get through checkout -- not sure how long I'm going to participate in this hunt.

I find the way they put up the wines for very short periods to be counterproductive -- they are repeating wines which are not actually selling out, but displaying them so quickly that it's impossible to buy some of them. Unfortunately, LB has created ill will rather than generating goodwill with this exercise. Unprofessional and not particularly fun -- making me less likely to check their site in the future for offers. Hope others had a better experience.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I think I need to make a Total Wine run this weekend and buy a few cases of daily drinkers. Not looking forward to the COVID exposure but it can't be worse than 10 hours a day at work.

NJE66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The real problem is my wife is always home these days, so sneak deliveries are impossible. She is very firmly of the opinion that I have enough wine already.

Edit: I broke and bought the Groth Reserve. What's she going to do right now, start dating again?

PS: Also the Jaboulet Hermitage. Might as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb.
Jaboulet kick behinds!

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never had a Pegau that young -- LMK how it rolls. I'm interested in trying more of my wines earlier in the curve -- but that's a strategy best employed when buying in quantities of 4-12 vs. 1-2.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not-so-humble brags right there.
Allow me to humble myself, then -- I haven't had a lot of Pegau, and probably only have 2 bottles right now; when I buy wines (like this) that have long drinking windows, I tend to hold out drinking them until I get to a range I generally like in the maturation cycle.

As a result, I think I'm missing out on valuable information since I tend not to open wines on the younger side of their drinking rage (I don't know how these wines drink young). A 2016 Pegau has a window from 2020 - 2036, and I know if I had the '16 I'd just be sitting on it ... but maybe it's great. Hope that clarifies a real question, even if the original comment came across as d-baggy.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads