• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Wine Thread

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I normally can't be in any of these wine clubs because I am not around to sign for packages. Now seems like the optimal time to start online buying wine...
I don’t know if it was just this delivery guy or if it was corona, but my last (and only so far) shipment from them the guy didnt ask for a signature, just left the box on my doorstep and ran the bell. My normal wine place, when the box comes I need to sign, show the guy my drivers license, deed to the house, 2 years tax returns and whether I’m circumcised or not:(

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, it was a real pain in the ass when I tried in the past. They are like, we can also leave it at a designated pickup spot that's like 3 miles from me, not near public transportation. I'm like fuck I might as well just buy at the wine shop.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've tried wine clubs in the past, including the one WSJ operates, but have always been underwhelmed by the picks. So much so that I just stopped subscribing. Am I just choosing the wrong clubs?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've tried wine clubs in the past, including the one WSJ operates, but have always been underwhelmed by the picks. So much so that I just stopped subscribing. Am I just choosing the wrong clubs?
Maybe you just have very specific wine tastes.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are different as they don't pick for you. You get an offer every few days and can choose which wines you want to purchase. Their function is more on the curation side -- finding good stuff and getting it in front of you. I also really like SommSelect.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Try to isolate regions. I'd say that matters much, or even more than varietal.
Thanks. I am a far more serious whiskey drinker than wine, and honestly, 90% of the wines I prefer are CA wines, but with a lot more time on my hands, it might be time to start to experiment a little more.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.