• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wait, @ridethecliche did you just find out today?

YES!

SO ******* RELIEVED!!!

Still have more interviews coming and hopefully more to come, but it's all gravy from here.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They been had been making their stuff in China.

edit: the Helmut Lang that is.

Last edited:

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone has a salt and pepper overcoat jacket in 34-38 Get at meeee

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I purchased something unexpected for my mom. We went to Costco to buy some grocery. Saw some promotions for sun glasses. Saw Dior, Zegna, SF, Tumi, Ray Ban, and etc. I said *******! Gonna cop a pair for mom! I think this is her first pair of designer sun glasses.

In China, these goes for $2,000 for retail and $1,000 for when on sale...Coped for $97.

WIN!
satisfied.gif

Last edited:

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I once had a hella dated Armani silk tweed blazer go for like 140$ bid. Was so surprised at that outcome. Of course it will never happen again lol.
Once had a Collezioni suit with a hole in the pants sell for $305... People are weird!

I was almost not going to list it, and figured it was worth maybe $40. Armani Black Label and recent Collezioni suits are profitable. Their jackets may not be as valuable though. I generally pass on them, unless they are like mint recent suits.

Last edited:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
So, I purchased something unexpected for my mom. We went to Costco to buy some grocery. Saw some promotions for sun glasses. Saw Dior, Zegna, SF, Tumi, Ray Ban, and etc. I said *******! Gonna cop a pair for mom! I think this is her first pair of designer sun glasses.

In China, these goes for $2,000 for retail and $1,000 for when on sale...Coped for $97.

WIN!
satisfied.gif
Kop 5 pairs, let your Momma make some flip money.
fing02[1].gif

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LeSacre

Reaction score
YES!

SO ******* RELIEVED!!!

Still have more interviews coming and hopefully more to come, but it's all gravy from here.

Dude!! The 17th (last year) is when I got accepted as well! Does that make us med school acceptance eskimo bros?

Last edited:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Lol, I wish! But they only had one pair of each. It was between this pair and a Dior.

oh well, i'm sure she will love them!
smile.gif

and congrats to all the new students!!!!!
thumbs-up.gif

Lastly, i would like to apologize to a new member,@Principle . Whom i was reluctant to proxy for. while i prefer to deal with members who have an established trade record. i was more blunt than what was required.
my humblest apologies.
Vader.

Last edited:

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
IS TOMMY NUTTER A THING? BECAUSE I FOUND TWO TOMMY NUTTER SUITS FOR LESS THAN A SKINNY VANILLA LATTE.

Pics later, because work.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ummmm... This doesn't mean that you guys are going to rub your noses together does it? At any rate, congrats to both of you. Don't be overachievers in med school. Your GPA will not be on your diploma. When it comes to grades, remember this equation: C=MD.

Bad advice DOC. It matters where you match after. ALSO HOW MUCH YOU KNOW IS HOW WELL YOUR PATIENTS WILL GET!!

Last edited:

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad advice DOC. It matters where you match after. ALSO HOW MUCH YOU KNOW IS HOW WELL YOUR PATIENTS WILL GET!!

Alas, you are probably right. That advice was given to me over 20 years ago. I am sure things are a bit different now. Carry on.... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads