• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rotflmao.gif
More likening this to a horrible addiction, I agree wholeheartedly. This game is for those with enthusiastic or at least understanding (and enabling) significant others.
My wife doesn't often ask what I've bought, but rarely a day goes by when she doesn't ask what I've sold! She couldn't have cared less as I modeled this PRL jacket that I picked up today which I thought was pretty effin' cool! (pardon my mannequin's junk)

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 on the BBCC.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife doesn't often ask what I've bought, but rarely a day goes by when she doesn't ask what I've sold! She couldn't have cared less as I modeled this PRL jacket that I picked up today which I thought was pretty effin' cool! (pardon my mannequin's junk)

Yup, sweet. My wife likes it when I keep and model stuff, the whole fam's going to enjoy the extra spending cash when we go on vaca tomorrow.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
These are from Brooks' Country Club line. The second is particularly nice. When they're on sale they're a pretty decent buy.

Nice line or not, buying and paying for alterations on a shirt that will always be too big on you is probably not a good idea. Sorry dz.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I made a couple stops today. Pretty dry over all, but I came away with these beauties:

Ferragamo double monks in great shape. 8 1/2 D and available. Cherry popped, actually.
Also I snagged this for a buck:

Thick as heck Behar seven fold.

Pretty sure that isnt 7 fold. Sorry for the bad news :/

dz-015

Reaction score
Not a fan of the tie, but that blazer is awesome. Are you using some sort of instragram photo app to get those pics like that?

Yeah, I picked it up because I'd never seen a Ted Baker around here. That's a Uniqlo linen jacket that was on sale over the summer, I think for $19.99.

Not using Instagram, but Photoshop with lots of automation.

dz-015

Reaction score
Dz, I enjoy ur photo sets. Looks like a lot of time, but it's not in vein. Looks cool.

Many thanks for the kind words. The pics with just the clothing in them don't take too long (even the tie pics), as there's quite a bit of automation involved, both in the placement of the clothing and camera, and on the Photoshop side.

The pics with me in them take the most time, but I dunno, I see those more of a dress rehearsal to posting elsewhere (like waywrn) where I'll be brutally torn to pieces. I can't wait!
smile.gif

But first I need to build up my wardrobe. I had nothing, zero, zilch quality clothing, no sense of style, when I started reading style forum - so my pet project has been to obtain quality clothing at thrift prices. It might take a while as I learn...

dz-015

Reaction score
Nice line or not, buying and paying for alterations on a shirt that will always be too big on you is probably not a good idea. Sorry dz.

Nope, I agree with you 100%. I didn't think the shoulders were too bad when I had it on before the alterations, but when I look at the pictures with a critical eye now, it really shows. Oh well, live and learn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads