• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebonyman

Reaction score

Not much today, a couple odds and ends.

Hand-rolled silk scarf for my wife, made in Italy.

Cool vintage bow-tie, plaid, N/A

Clark's beeswax desert boots, my size! :bigstar:

Couple records, I think I mentioned this but I rarely find Jazz records.

BB, size 17.5 4/5.I picked this up hoping there are some bigger guys out there with this shirt in my size that they want to trade me. I seem to see this pattern or something similar pretty often, but always in a larger size. :facepalm:

PRL size small, made in India madras short sleeved shirt. N/A

Is that vintage bowtie available?

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I went out and kopped those Hermes pants.

Definitely women's and definitely about a 16" rise, and fall/winter weight.

So... high waist or drop crotch in the eBay listing?

I can't believe those were still there! Nice! Those wouldn't last 30 seconds at a thrift store around here.

Also, who said they were women's? :confused:

Hoofit

Reaction score
Found a couple of things today. 3 pair of Zanella no unicorns, but should make me a couple a bucks on teh bay. A pair of New Balance 769 in my size.
And last but not least what I suspect are Edward Green perfed captoe. This is the second time I have found EG here in UT which is a miracle all by itself.
EdwardGreen85D202001.jpg

toscano_adottato

Reaction score

Found a couple of things today. 3 pair of Zanella no unicorns, but should make me a couple a bucks on teh bay. A pair of New Balance 769 in my size.
And last but not least what I suspect are Edward Green perfed captoe. This is the second time I have found EG here in UT which is a miracle all by itself.
EdwardGreen85D202001.jpg

Where in Utah?

Hoofit

Reaction score
Why you ask?? Dont want to be giving up my spots (like there are a ton). Between SLC and Ogden.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EdwardGreen85D202001.jpg

Careful of the cracking on the outer part of the vamp. Might be salvageable with something like Saphir Dubbin Graisse.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually the Border is about $40 more than the Beaufort. It's essentially the same jacket, but 5" longer.

My mistake, and yup, the Border is just a longer version of the Beaufort. I think the OP is still trying to pull our collective leg. As long as condition is fully disclosed, he'll have no problem selling it and the buyer would be very happy. Tell you what: I will sell the damn thing at no charge. If I fail to make a profit of at least $25, which is to say, if I don't get $100 for it, which would cover shipping to me, plus shipping to the buyer, plus the original cost, plus at least $25, I'll make up the difference. And I absolutely, positively guarantee no complaints. Indeed, I'll buy that jacket right now for $75, plus actual shipping--and no whining when I sell it for what I sell it for.

There now. Any questions?

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DeadBoy

Reaction score
I can't believe those were still there! Nice! Those wouldn't last 30 seconds at a thrift store around here.
Also, who said they were women's?
confused.gif

Yeah, I especially figured someone would be curious when I took a photo of them in the middle of the store. Canada is a strange place.

And I'm assuming they're women's because they're rather short, they button right to left, they have loops for hanging (like on a skirt) and they have no front pockets (one back pocket, basted shut.)

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Since we're on the subject of Beauforts, does anyone have a preference of Belstaff vs. Barbour? I have a Bedale (thanks Ocooney) that I love but I've got a chance to buy a NWT Roadmaster for a really good price. I was thinking of getting the Belstaff and either selling the Barbour or giving it to my girlfriend, but money is pretty tight and I couldn't wear it for another four months. Thoughts?

I have three Barbours--Beaufort, Bedale and International--and can vouch for their addictive quality. Not owning a Belstaff, I can't speak with authority as to the differences between brands but, model-wise, the Bedale, IMO, is a much more practical jacket for just wearing than the International, which I use exclusively for motorcycling. The Bedale pockets work better for warming hands while just walking around, there's no belt that gets in the way of things. I think the Bedale aesthetic works better in most situations--you don't come on like some tightass from Berlin, as can be the case with the International.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
However, if anyone here a roughly 35 x 30 pant size and is interested in one or two pairs of flat front Samuelsohn beige or tan pants in like-new condition... I passed on them today.

I could see if they're still there tomorrow and proxy for anyone willing to pay for shipping from Canada.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My mistake, and yup, the Border is just a longer version of the Beaufort. I think the OP is still trying to pull our collective leg. As long as condition is fully disclosed, he'll have no problem selling it and the buyer would be very happy. Tell you what: I will sell the damn thing at no charge. If I fail to make a profit of at least $25, which is to say, if I don't get $100 for it, which would cover shipping to me, plus shipping to the buyer, plus the original cost, plus at least $25, I'll make up the difference. And I absolutely, positively guarantee no complaints. Indeed, I'll buy that jacket right now for $75, plus actual shipping--and no whining when I sell it for what I sell it for.
There now. Any questions?

I think my offer to 951socal was fair based on the info I had, guesstimating what he paid. As long as it wasn't ripped or had holes I'd bump it another $25. I knew exactly what I was offering to buy.

951.... If all you want is an ammo bag, I'll call my father in law and see what he has and we can trade. :nodding:

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have three Barbours--Beaufort, Bedale and International--and can vouch for their addictive quality. Not owning a Belstaff, I can't speak with authority as to the differences between brands but, model-wise, the Bedale, IMO, is a much more practical jacket for just wearing than the International, which I use exclusively for motorcycling. The Bedale pockets work better for warming hands while just walking around, there's no belt that gets in the way of things. I think the Bedale aesthetic works better in most situations--you don't come on like some tightass from Berlin, as can be the case with the International.

the Beaufort and Bedale seem a little too country for my tastes, any opinion on the Barbour Sapper? http://www.orvis.com/store/product....885&group_id=920&cat_id=11227&subcat_id=11296

Vassup?
or
Ish don't think so?

Last edited:

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads