The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ebonyman

Ebonyman Senior member

Is that vintage bowtie available?

2. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

I can't believe those were still there! Nice! Those wouldn't last 30 seconds at a thrift store around here.

Also, who said they were women's? :confused:

3. Hoofit

Hoofit Senior member

Found a couple of things today. 3 pair of Zanella no unicorns, but should make me a couple a bucks on teh bay. A pair of New Balance 769 in my size.
    And last but not least what I suspect are Edward Green perfed captoe. This is the second time I have found EG here in UT which is a miracle all by itself.
    [​IMG]

4. toscano_adottato

toscano_adottato Senior member

Where in Utah?

5. Hoofit

Hoofit Senior member

Why you ask?? Dont want to be giving up my spots (like there are a ton). Between SLC and Ogden.

6. grendel

grendel Senior member

Careful of the cracking on the outer part of the vamp. Might be salvageable with something like Saphir Dubbin Graisse.

7. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

My mistake, and yup, the Border is just a longer version of the Beaufort. I think the OP is still trying to pull our collective leg. As long as condition is fully disclosed, he'll have no problem selling it and the buyer would be very happy. Tell you what: I will sell the damn thing at no charge. If I fail to make a profit of at least $25, which is to say, if I don't get $100 for it, which would cover shipping to me, plus shipping to the buyer, plus the original cost, plus at least $25, I'll make up the difference. And I absolutely, positively guarantee no complaints. Indeed, I'll buy that jacket right now for $75, plus actual shipping--and no whining when I sell it for what I sell it for.

There now. Any questions?

8. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

Amen.

9. toscano_adottato

toscano_adottato Senior member

I'm in Virginia. I was just curious. My wife is from Logan and we had our wedding reception in Ogden.

10. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

Yeah, I especially figured someone would be curious when I took a photo of them in the middle of the store. Canada is a strange place.

And I'm assuming they're women's because they're rather short, they button right to left, they have loops for hanging (like on a skirt) and they have no front pockets (one back pocket, basted shut.)

11. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

I have three Barbours--Beaufort, Bedale and International--and can vouch for their addictive quality. Not owning a Belstaff, I can't speak with authority as to the differences between brands but, model-wise, the Bedale, IMO, is a much more practical jacket for just wearing than the International, which I use exclusively for motorcycling. The Bedale pockets work better for warming hands while just walking around, there's no belt that gets in the way of things. I think the Bedale aesthetic works better in most situations--you don't come on like some tightass from Berlin, as can be the case with the International.

12. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

However, if anyone here a roughly 35 x 30 pant size and is interested in one or two pairs of flat front Samuelsohn beige or tan pants in like-new condition... I passed on them today.

I could see if they're still there tomorrow and proxy for anyone willing to pay for shipping from Canada.

13. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

I think my offer to 951socal was fair based on the info I had, guesstimating what he paid. As long as it wasn't ripped or had holes I'd bump it another $25. I knew exactly what I was offering to buy.

951.... If all you want is an ammo bag, I'll call my father in law and see what he has and we can trade. :nodding:

14. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

the Beaufort and Bedale seem a little too country for my tastes, any opinion on the Barbour Sapper? http://www.orvis.com/store/product....885&group_id=920&cat_id=11227&subcat_id=11296

Vassup?
    or
    Ish don't think so?

Last edited: May 30, 2012

15. vexco

vexco Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.