• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmmurdock

Reaction score

2e1c8ada.jpg

LOL

Amazing find.

I hoped you resisted the hideous Verrsace ties they seem to think will sell at $80.

Last edited:

narcissism

Reaction score
Is this a good price? Shirt is mint condition with no defects as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

narcissism

Reaction score

$129.99 is great for a new Kiton shirt. well done.

Saw only a few Kiton and Brioni dress shirts at this price all in huge sizes (except for the one I bought). There were a bunch of Gitman Bros. dress shirts on clearance for $15. I managed to snag a few.

If I am not mistaken, some of them had Wilkes Bashford tags on them. It seems that Marshalls/TJ Maxx might be buying from the same source Filene's Basement used to stock the Vault section.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
srs. wtf? why cant my marshalls stock kiton and brioni? :(

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
Good deal. Got a Finamore shirt for the same price.

Where? in marshalls? I wonder if this is a one off thing or will marshalls have a yearly stock of this stuff... obviously they won't have a range of stuff but a few items here and there is nice.

Last edited:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Some more goodies, courtesy of our good friends at Marshalls. Both of these are headed to eddievddr10

And a little something I picked up for myself...

toscano_adottato

Reaction score
It's time for a dedicated TJMaxx and Marshalls hard target search in the NoVA area.

Had a decent week. Picked up 6 Brooks Brothers ties of various stripeage that add nicely to the collection. Also got a Massimo Bizzochi, an Altea and a purple Versace that I'm gonna try and work some magic on to clean up. If it doesn't work I'm out 2 bucks. Found a nice slim fit Romeo Gigli shirt also. Not a hugely well known brand but I remember seeing their ads all the time when I lived in Italy.

For trade, I got a Zegna SC (Italian 56) in a blue and gold small check and a hand made Tom James SC in 44, blue with light blue windowpane. Both are in very good condition and both are up for trade. Pics will be PMed on request but they are crappy Iphone pics so keep that in mind.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
On another note, I was hoping for some feedback from y'all. I also have my eye on a grey with crimson windowpane blazer at Marshall's. It's 90/10 150s wool/cash, made by Ermenegildo Zegna in Switzerland, and is marked down to $420. Is it worth it for that? I know Zegna isn't mind-blowing but it's a nice blazer and fits great. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

On another note, I was hoping for some feedback from y'all. I also have my eye on a grey with crimson windowpane blazer at Marshall's. It's 90/10 150s wool/cash, made by Ermenegildo Zegna in Switzerland, and is marked down to $420. Is it worth it for that? I know Zegna isn't mind-blowing but it's a nice blazer and fits great. Thanks in advance.

i love zegna. one of my favorite brands. sounds like a nice coat. if you has the money to spend i say go for it.

Last edited:

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
i love zegna. one of my favorite brands. sounds like a nice coat. if you has the money to spend i say go for it.

+1. Whats this, I don't think Zegna is mind blowing? I think Zegna is up there with the best... Why not? I have some Zegna SC and they are fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads