• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

green_machine

Reaction score
all thrifted or made by me.

BB jacket
BB shirt
hermes tie (not loving the knot it makes on my long torso)
hand rolled pocket square made from an old canali shirt i thrifted
polo belt
BB pants
Unknown shell cordovan saddles

woodchuck312

Reaction score
well, then i got enough thumbs to justify it. i'm happy. but what's more, i don't ask for, or dress for, the approval of conformists. it's up to the individual, so if any of you like an aspect of my taste,- like it! do we like people who dress their own way? or do we like Haters with nothing to add. Place your bets now...... BANZAI !!!!!!!!
smile.gif

@eazye : meh, for you it's personal,just jumpin in for lolz. grow up. and get some taste. and a pair.

I got some size 5 huggies in the nursery if ya need anymore. :)

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to show I'm a good sport, here's what I'm wearing today:
RL Rugby "Trialmaster" type waxed cotton jacket on it's first outing, thrifted
Uniqlo tee shirt, thrifted
J Crew sweatshirt, from Ian
Levis, retail
Rag & Bone suede "Officer" boot, 50% off retail through my place of employment

TJGent87

Reaction score
@eazye nice outfit, glad it seems to finally be warming up for you.
@size 38R your outfit isn't my personal taste but I guess if it makes you happy cool. We just can't get offended at another constructive criticism, anything else is just mean. Now let's carry on with the thrift finds!! :slayer:

Although I must admit I got a good laugh out of @woodchuck312 comment.

Last edited:

woodchuck312

Reaction score
@size 38R your outfit isn't my personal taste but I guess if it makes you happy cool. We just can't get offended at another constructive criticism, anything else is just mean. Now let's carry on with the thrift finds!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

No harm intended with my comment either, its all in good fun as I dress like Fueco most days minus the sandals lol

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@size 38R your outfit isn't my personal taste but I guess if it makes you happy cool. We just can't get offended at another constructive criticism, anything else is just mean. Now let's carry on with the thrift finds!! :slayer:

Actually, after I stepped outside, I realized that I was way under dressed. :freeze: 21 degrees out but feels like 5.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm surprised that you guys can't tell an orphan from a s/c. ask Brianpore, i got it from him. it's not an orphan,

gringo and eazy know jack. and scmidt? it's ok. you need more time. not mad. but not going to explain why i wear my fits to suit my work environment, local fashions. and climate. -Again.

@schmidtdalton13 if you are goind to learn here, make sure it's from guys who can tell the difference between a s/c and an orphan.

Let's learn what makes an s/c different :

1. Patch pockets...

Check.

2. if "Casual", a un-structured and un-lined construction

Check. (and single vented)
3.A too-crazy for a whole- suit pattern, and informal buttons.

Check. (those are not just stripes, but stitching)
4. A tag indicating it is a s/c, not an orphan.

Wow! it's a s/c!!
bounce2.gif

-Now that Gringo And Eazy have learned how to tell what a sports coat looks like, they can learn more and maybe even contribute.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote:
Thank you Green_machine. I appreciate your help--all of it.

It hurts, but I needed to know.

I am girl, so I will blow you a kiss for your help.

This is my first time on this site and the other site that I participate in refused to help me.
ITS A GIRL!!
peepwall[1].gif

Last edited:

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was lost on me that this was a single outfit...I thought it was two separate ensembles, i.e.: jeans with a vest and boots (OK), and a suit with vest and tie (also OK). Other than that, no comment from me since I'm a nudist and have no fashion sense...

Basically it is the fit you described, vest,tie, and jeans. and the fit when i put on an s/c. and i like that you do not jump on the bandwagon. Props.
cheers.gif

@TJGent87 and @woodchuck312 no problems. i had a little laugh too.
shog[1].gif

just Gringo was trawling for a fight, and eazye saw a chance to join in. nvm. as many of you guys know, i'm a good guy, but will fight at the drop of a beer glass.
lol8[1].gif

my core is workwear, 1920's to 1930's influenced. so i ask myself, "what would a guy from that time buy, if shopping in a modern retail store???" down to the facial hair and tweed cap. (not pictured) + no way in hell i'm wearing aldens and flannels in 3ft of snow, and walking on ice. function over fashion. and i would not change for anybody. my taste is not for everybody, nor is fueco's or eazye's. but at least give me cred for the time and effort i put in to my fits, and determination to be myself.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The journey to the 100,000th post in this thread is tumultuous, akin to navigating a boat from Italy to Switzerland through rogue waves.

Though, if everyone thrifted some Lemmon714s, I think it would all come out looking like loro piana cashmere.

Speaking of loro piana cashmere....

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It may be a SC, but it's pinstriped =FAIL

Not that I've ever seen patch pocket unlined suit coats. :facepalm:

Last edited:

gringodaddy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I never referred to the jacket as an orphan. Those were your friends in the streetwear/denim thread that also thought your fit was garbage.
You've gotten so much negative criticism from so many sources you've gotten confused.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thrift fit, get off my lawn edition...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily