• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilay05

Reaction score
Quick stop yesterday. Didn't have as much time as I wanted but found these three items.

NWT Ferragamo Shirt

size XL - available

J- Crew Linen Jacket/Coat

A.P.C. Pink Floral Shirt

Also some stuff from the past 2 weeks or so...

Willis and Geiger

Holland & Holland

all going up on the bay today but available to members here for less...wish the W&G shirt fit!!! Luckily for me, I found another one that did (but it was green instead!)

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great shoes
lose the fake Sub, it's lame

??

If "fake Sub" means my watch (i.e., fake Submariner), it's not a Rolex knockoff; it's an entirely different brand (Regency -- no big shakes, but a decent $2-500 watch). Hardly the only watch in the world with a black face, twist dial and steel band. In fact, I've owned nearly a half dozen non-Rolex watches by reputable makers that are similarly non-fake Subs.

But thanks.

staxringold

Reaction score
Sometimes I feel extra creepy when it's patently obvious I'm digging through one persons stuff at a thrift. Hit a SA an clearly someone 42ish in suits and 16/16.5 in shirts with trad tastes who didn't take care of their clothes (or someone already snagge the good stuff) died/gained weight/etc. left several j press ties with stains, old bbgf three piece with a big hole in the leg, some unidentified but nice feeling made in Italy SC, a HF cashmere blazer (shouldve grabbed to flip), and then loads of identical label bb shirts.

Snagged a dark blue Gitman Bros for myself, only thing of interest in my size (well, also a bbgf polo in a color I'd like by ha what looked like dog hair all over it, no thanks)

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought 22 MTM suits all owned by the same guy on Sunday. Haven't unpacked those bags yet.

Just picked up 5 western suits and left another 4-5 that were damaged/stained...all from same guy, half the men's sections at this little local store was his stuff. Gotta love the unbranded charity stores with the little old ladies "Oh that's a 3 piece, those are $2, not the $1 the rest are"

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely and mercilessly murdering it.

Today. Taking one last chance to wear the summer weights before the weather turns foul and cold later this week. (Anticipatory Upside: TWEED!)

HSM
Finamore
J Crew
Trafalgar
Loro Piana
Pantherella
Martegani

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot. Couple of stops yesterday. TJX yielded a new pair of spreezy, fall weight Panthys. And a couple of other shops yielded a J Press trench, Loro Piana trou x 2, Mabitex trou w/ LP wool x1 and Brioni trou x 1. All from the "scratch and dent" file, but also all half price, so worth the investment. Plus a spreezy pair of glenplaid flat fronts with a pink -- yes PANK! -- overcheck by MakerUnknown (oh, you never heard of them? Weird) for me. Pics later....
WHAT?! Let's see some pics!!!
bounce2.gif

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score
Just an FYI for you bargain hunters out there, but DSW recently marked down a lot of styles in their 'Luxe810' section. Highlights seem to be some Santoni's for less than $100, RLPLs for under $200. Selection and sizing are limited and most styles remaining seem to be casual oriented, but just a heads up for those who may be able to find a diamond in the rough.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just an FYI for you bargain hunters out there, but DSW recently marked down a lot of styles in their 'Luxe810' section.  Highlights seem to be some Santoni's for less than $100, RLPLs for under $200.  Selection and sizing are limited and most styles remaining seem to be casual oriented, but just a heads up for those who may be able to find a diamond in the rough.

These seem nice, but still a little steep for my budget.

All the rest seemed to be hiking boots and sneakers. Am I doing something wrong?

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/santoni+bur...s=dsw2cat40002,dsw12cat640004,dsw12cat1720008

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score
These seem nice, but still a little steep for my budget.

All the rest seemed to be hiking boots and sneakers. Am I doing something wrong?

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/santoni+bur...s=dsw2cat40002,dsw12cat640004,dsw12cat1720008

It appears as if most of the styles left (at least the Santoni's) are sneakers and boots, but many are under $100. For Example,

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/santoni+vin...262780&activeCats=dsw2cat40002,dsw12cat640004

Their site is a bit wonky when it comes to sorting things out (you cant sort the Luxe810 items by price, but if you search all items, then do price low->high, THEN look for luxe810 items, that seems to give you the lowest price offerings.

I like these woven oxfords....

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/ralph+laure...Id=286848&activeCats=cat20192,dsw12cat1540001

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene