• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
No spam icon (which I have used maybe 3 times in 2 years), not telling you if its available or not (which I can't recall the last time I said that word actually in this thread, maybe a year ago??), just bragging LIKE I ALWAYS DO. You might take my bragging to mean its available or for sale, but it's in your mind buddy.

pdxtony

Reaction score
I just started thrifting a few months ago. I picked up a few items since I started

For 20.00

My AE collection

Anyone know this brand?

LooknGr8

Reaction score
SHOUTS OUT to Nataku. Watch Winder + Paul Stuart knit silk summah tie are THE BALLS

LooknGr8

Reaction score
Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All in all, an odd day of thrifting. Could use some opinions...

I hope this is real. I can't imagine anyone intentionally copying this.

T

wo Zegna ties.

Zegna suit.

Another Zegna suit.

Opinion time. Ticket pocket. Two button surgeons cuffs. I don't recognize the Tailor.

And I never grab Gant but I couldn't leave this. What the hell is it exactly?

And finally, the weirdest thing I have thrifted so far. Four yards of Alumo 3x3 160s shirting in a beautiful light blue. Should be enough for two shirts I hope.

The photos really don't do it justice.
uhoh.gif

You know how I hosted the WAYWRN challenges? Im going to take all the thrift thread beefs and start thrift thread challenges, how bout that. Toscano vs. Brian will be first. Pnutpug can write the play by play commentary. Typhoid can karate kick the pheasant off his table and ref the thing. I can see it now - Brian will pull his signature move, the "sideways mannequin" on toscano, putting him down for the count. Toscano will whip out a real Isaia aquaspider and shove it down the hole in Brians "sideways mannequin" and hell will break loose. Brian tag teams in capnwes, in full plusfour regalia and then bodyslams toscano with his signature move, "coveryourassintweed". He will shoot tweed, much like spiderman with a web on toscano, rendering him useless as the thick pile of wool weighs him down until submission.

Just when you thought toscano was out, he raises a half lifeless hand to bring in his partner - Androfan. Androfan comes in, rips off his ralph lauren purple label shirt (which is extra strong because it just received "the treatment") and starts pounding furiously on his chest. He starts peeling off wes' layer of harris tweed covering his partner in crime and begins the assault back on brian. Brian has texted in the reserves, and look out! Here comes EasyE on his bicycle kids! Thats right, fuckall - hes coming hard with some madras pants. the madras actually conceals hidden pockets (thats right, game pockets on madras bitches, call it sprezz) and he starts ninja star throwing popped GW tags at Andro and Toscano - look out front row! Theyre going fast and furious!

Wait, whats happening now in the melee? the lights are out and its dark... the participants in the ring all stop their fights and turn towards a light shining in the distance... who could it be to save the day? DM7?! From the trenches to save humanity? Wait, whats he driving? A hummer? Stuffed with AnnD and Rick Owens? Who's that in the front with him, Mainy? Oh ****. Now its on. Toscano and Andro are standing in the ring shivering, realizing the power move thats about to happen to them. DM and Mainy drive up to the ring, motion to wes and brian "WEGOTTHISBRO". Wes and brian retreat and take Easy with them. Dm stands firm facing Andro, Mainy is sizing up Toscano. DM grabs a seriously rare and sick CCP shoe and *whack* right in Andros nuts. POELL THIS BITCHES the audience screams. Mainy spins out NWT Belvest jackets around toscanos arms, rendering him useless. Hogtied and nowhere to go but piss stained Brooks Brothers, the crowd chants BATTLE ROYALE. Not one to dissapoint an audience, DM7 unloads the hummer with some ninjagoth LA **** and in the back flips out your man, BarrelNtrigger. Here comes some 32 point typeface post **** on your asses fellas - we tatted up and looking for a fight. His Kswiss 4 stripers hide the blades about to cut a fool. All of a sudden, the Spoo signal is sent and I come swooping down from the roof, with Orgetorix in tow. We look like ******* Penn and Jillette coming into the ring, like a thrifty batman and robin, and start tearing up turnbuckles (really Im looking for content tags though, dont get it twisted). I climb up on the top of that third rope and in Ricky the Dragon Steamboat style, I do my signature move, "the LuxeSwapFlipFlop" and go buck nutty on Andro. DM7 pushes me aside and takes Andros back. Wait, I thought we were cool?

NahBRO. You flipped some **** I proxied for you. We dunzo. ORLY? RLY. ORLMENTE ESE. Spoo and DM7 have a tense faceoff in the center of the ring for a few minutes until in walks Ian Erickson to the ring - thats right boys, **** what you heard about punctuation, because Im here to give you runon sentences until you all submit. About 4 paragraphs later, its all over and we are all at peace with eachother. Or so, we thought...

lol8[1].gif

I'm surprised you've found the time to type this up!
y

Yes you see ponyskin.
drool.gif

Here's where I weave my web of tweed....

Countdown to Season Two.....Cover the World with Tweed

bounce2.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Spoo you are[COLOR=FFFF00]n't nearly as[/COLOR] funny [COLOR=FFFF00]as you think are you are[/COLOR]. [COLOR=FFFF00]Maybe you can go back to hoping for access to dead members' closets. Hey[/COLOR] I know...[COLOR=FFFF00]the next time someone dies, [/COLOR]you [COLOR=FFFF00]can go on a thread about it to talk about how you were their favorite seller. Oh....[/COLOR]you [COLOR=FFFF00]already[/COLOR] did that[COLOR=FFFF00].[/COLOR] Well[COLOR=FFFF00], I'm sure you'll think of something[/COLOR]. You are [COLOR=FFFF00]a used car huckster without any of[/COLOR] the [COLOR=FFFF00]sincerity or charm. But you do sell decent[/COLOR] ****...[COLOR=FFFF00]or did until[/COLOR] you started [COLOR=FFFF00]whoring[/COLOR] your brand for the [COLOR=FFFF00]mundane. And after all that, nothin' but love for you. You are doing your thing and have never pretended to be anything other than a man driven by [/COLOR]consumption and money. I like guys [COLOR=FFFF00]with interior consistency[/COLOR]

[COLOR=FFFF00]Now I can't wait for the awesome gif [/COLOR]which will succintly put me in my place

[COLOR=FFFF00]Brian you did thank me. I never claimed you didn't. And you did hook me up with a the tie, which I never claimed you did. It isn't exactly the equivalent of what I did for you because I know I paid you markup but that was fine. But since then, you've become Spoo-lite. All about the hustle. If that works for you, great. Have at it. What you and Spoo have never understood about my, or Andro's, posts on this matter (and there are more because I get PMs every time this comes up) is that we never begrudged anyone making sales. We were just hoping that the sale would be to friends on the thread first, without the ridiculous Ebay markup. I'm sure that goes on more than I recognize but the entire tenore of the thread shifted from bragging about finds, to bragging about finds and indicating if they were available (which is perfectly fine) to people linking their ebay store.

But you put the Spam icon up so that absolves you. If any noob does that, they get crucified. You do it and nary a pang of conscience.

So I posted mine the same way because[/COLOR] in a room full of pimps, I [COLOR=FFFF00]won't[/COLOR] be the whore.

Cool story bro.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found Spoo's post funny. I find the fact we can't go more than 5 days without needlessly antagonizing each other decidedly not.

I'm not taking sides on this one. I just want to see pictures of cool ****. Toscano posted a picture of something cool. Brian posted a picture of something cool. Can't it ******* be that simple?

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spoo you aren't nearly as funny as you think are you are. Maybe you can go back to hoping for access to dead members' closets. Hey I know...the next time someone dies, you can go on a thread about it to talk about how you were their favorite seller. Oh....you already did that. Well, I'm sure you'll think of something. You are a used car huckster without any of the sincerity or charm. But you do sell decent ****...or did until you started whoring your brand for the mundane. And after all that, nothin' but love for you. You are doing your thing and have never pretended to be anything other than a man driven by consumption and money. I like guys with interior consistency.

Now I can't wait for the awesome gif which will succintly put me in my place!

Brian you did thank me. I never claimed you didn't. And you did hook me up with a the tie, which I never claimed you did. It isn't exactly the equivalent of what I did for you because I know I paid you markup but that was fine. But since then, you've become Spoo-lite. All about the hustle. If that works for you, great. Have at it. What you and Spoo have never understood about my, or Andro's, posts on this matter (and there are more because I get PMs every time this comes up) is that we never begrudged anyone making sales. We were just hoping that the sale would be to friends on the thread first, without the ridiculous Ebay markup. I'm sure that goes on more than I recognize but the entire tenore of the thread shifted from bragging about finds, to bragging about finds and indicating if they were available (which is perfectly fine) to people linking their ebay store.

But you put the Spam icon up so that absolves you. If any noob does that, they get crucified. You do it and nary a pang of conscience.

So I posted mine the same way because in a room full of pimps, I won't be the whore.

not everybody can afford to give away their time.

i applaud your success in life. i'm glad to read you can spend 5-10 hours thrifting a week (probably the minimum required for somebody living outside of nyc/la to find more than 10 good items a week) and then trade the items or sell them at cost.

but not everybody can afford this luxury!!!

because for some people, even though it's a hobby, they have bills to pay. gas is expensive. stores are often far apart. so even if it's just a hobby, and you're a philanthropic son of a *****, maybe you aren't in the mood to turn your hobby into a charity for rich people on the internet. because let's be honest, there are some regs in the thread we know, but half the people asking to buy stuff at cost / trade never even post. i got bills to pay. if i can sell something for $100 on ebay, and somebody here wants to pay $25, i can't afford to give away $75, especially to some random dude on the internet that probably makes more money than me. sorry.

Last edited:

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MZ- I checked out your blog, you have a great eye =)

Why thank you, much appreciated. Now I just need the budget to get those looks!
lol8[1].gif

My recent NA brag... As seen on my Tumblr. My size, Silk Wool blend. - $20 (I know, I know a bit much for this thread but F it)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78