• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love busting out my spring/summer wardrobe - I get to see all the Orvis madras thats been packed away for months, and my wife found my Brioni gray trou that I thought I had accidentally donated.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
I agree! I just did the same thing today. What was an even bigger treat was freeing up closet space in the bedroom and the front entrance that had been clogged with heavy winter wear. :freeze:

aglose

Reaction score
^wish I had enough clothes to make up a winter/fall and a spring/summer wardrobe. That's why I'm here though.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FTFY
No, I get WHY you listed your stuff so fast. It's the HOW I'm having trouble comprehending.

I gave up on trying to list the rest tonight. We went over to a friend's house for dinner and after a couple of drinks I'm too tired. I use a binder, pictured below, to record the measurements and price. When I buy the item I'll write it down in the binder with the price, then come back to it when I measure it. Not sure how you guys do it, but having the binder seems to save me some time. Once it gets too thick I'll transfer the old pages into a larger binder for storage. I used to record my prices in excel, but that became far too much work and with the Outright program eBay offers, I no longer need my spreadsheet. The biggest time saver is using Garage Sale to list the items.

Oh, and of course Eddie's haul is mind blowing. I would defecate if I saw some of that in a thrift store.

Last edited:

sn0wman

Reaction score
Oh, and of course Eddie's haul is mind blowing. I would defecate if I saw some of that in a thrift store.

Pretty sure I just did - simply by scrolling through all that.. Sounds like my next road trip needs to go through San Francisco!

Ejay415

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^^Ejay350gt I was mistakenly logged in to a forgotten account. Please delete. Sorry.

My GW find today:

Robert Grahams all the same size. 15 in all

CesarC

Reaction score
Nice stuff Eddie and Wes, but Cotton Dockers, yours is my favorite
biggrin.gif
(but Eddie, so much Kiton.....)
These pics turned out way worse than I wanted, but I thought this was a rather cool find:

Vintage, midnight blue tux from...

1950! I did a little research and it looks like this was the tailoring house that made all of Ronald Reagan's clothing.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...fYRPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=uCQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5108,259209

Insane details and handiwork on this thing, super heavy too.

Jacket seems to be about a 40, although the shoulders are rather heavily structured.

Stewie

Reaction score

^^Ejay350gt I was mistakenly logged in to a forgotten account. Please delete. Sorry. My GW find today: Robert Grahams all the same size. 15 in all
So much $$$$ here...size is spot on too..XL seems to do the best on these!

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^Ejay350gt I was mistakenly logged in to a forgotten account. Please delete. Sorry.

My GW find today:

Robert Grahams all the same size. 15 in all

Dear God, that's a pretty sweet haul. You could have some sort of weird costume party where everyone dresses up as skeet rags!!

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know how good of a find this is, but it's my first Hardy Amies:

Ejay415

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Dear God, that's a pretty sweet haul. You could have some sort of weird costume party where everyone dresses up as skeet rags!!

That might be a messy party. Is there any way to I.D. the particular model or edition of a RG shirt? They all seem to have the same CA and RN numbers on the tag. It would be nice to know if any are 'limited edition'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads