• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score

I think I might have a problem...
shog[1].gif

sorry for the crappy pics... I had a swarm of women chasing after me

lol8[1].gif

PS - I am having a technical issue with my Nikon D3100. If anyone know about them, please click the spoiler and PM me (dont want to clog up the thread)

Sorry in advance if this is not the correct term, but the "click click" when you take a picture (I think its the shutter speed) is the same for all the setting 1/200 and 1/100 and 1/50. It use to be much faster for sale 1/200 vs 1/50 so I am not sure what is wrong. Very new to DSLR cameras, it just started randomly and I cant get it to have a faster shutter speed.

When I actually take the picture, you can see a visual difference in the amount of light that the camera let in when you change from 1/200 to 1/50 (1/50 is brighter), but the "click click" duration sounds the same now and it use to sound much much faster.

Last edited:

drbat

Reaction score
Hey guys, took a load of pictures of my stuff this morning, but it seems my internet is too crap to upload any more stuff!
smile.gif

Edit: now know that this is not as cool as I thought, I still think its cool, thanks for info

Last edited:

drbat

Reaction score
just a hermes scarf

EDIT: should have said, not available given to my mother
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

tonylamer

Reaction score
They were showing my apartment today, so I took an hour to hit a local store. A few interesting things, all of which are available.

Woolrich jacket. I know nothing about Woolrich labels, but I'm guessing that this is true vintage. Fits a 40R perfectly:

Woolrich tweed cardigan. Made in Hong Kong, so old-ish.

And, my favourite. NWT and MLB hologram '92 World Series shirt (large). I've been buying up a lot of vintage-ish Super Bowl and NCAA Bowl Series shirts lately, thinking that they're really going to come back into style. And, it's summer. Much better than Hollister, anyway.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GMMcL - I get an error every time I try to quote your post, no idea why. Anyway, the Canali looks to be an orphan. The tie might have made a good square, but I wasn't a huge fan of the color. It's also a 20-25 min drive for me. I will be back there this weekend. If it's still there, I'll pick it up. I've had a few inquiries.

Oh, and I managed to get about 75% of the stuff listed (if you don't count the portion that needs to go to the cleaners first), hoping to finish the rest tonight. I try to list the stuff as soon as I can because I don't have a lot of room in my office for clutter, so I like to get it into the closet and out of my way quickly.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I won't quote everyone again, but...

Wes and suited: Wow, well done. It was fun scrolling through everything.

Brian: Thanks, I knew it was something similar. A question though, how much of a difference is there between your left and right arms? All of those suits seem thrown off by that (though I know it's entirely correctable and normal). I agree with ChetBakerSings on the last suit for sure, it looks like you're swimming in it a bit and though a good tailor could bring it down, it wouldn't be worth it I'm sure.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Woolrich jshacket.

FTFY

I try to list the stuff as soon as I can because I don't have a lot of room in my office for clutter, so I like to get it into the closet and out of my way quickly.

No, I get WHY you listed your stuff so fast. It's the HOW I'm having trouble comprehending.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
I won't quote everyone again, but...

Wes and suited: Wow, well done. It was fun scrolling through everything.

Brian: Thanks, I knew it was something similar. A question though, how much of a difference is there between your left and right arms? All of those suits seem thrown off by that (though I know it's entirely correctable and normal). I agree with ChetBakerSings on the last suit for sure, it looks like you're swimming in it a bit and though a good tailor could bring it down, it wouldn't be worth it I'm sure.

Um...in those pictures I rolled one sleeve up and one is down as it still has the tag and wouldnt fold... My arms are different but only by 1/4" or so.
biggrin.gif

I agree, last one felt much bigger....figured I'd post it to get opinions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads