1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

[​IMG] I hope you shed some lbs. quickly.

2. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

RGH! When -- WHEN -- Will I learn to COPY my post before hitting "Submit" when SF is acting funny?? -- I don't think I ever properly bragged about these. Everything is available. RLPL Flat front chinos [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PRL Corneliani FF wool winter weight twill [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HF herringbone [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Zegna current label dot. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bills FF M2s in blue. 34 [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    St Andrews 100% cashmere. 44L (unvented) [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    And I know I bragged about this already, but it's too freaking awesome not to brag about again. 3x patch pocket. NWOT. Fits me like a freaking glove [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

Bit surprised to find a pair of first quality of this nature at the rack yesterday...
    [​IMG]
    Pretty good deal.

Also for any of you interested in a pair of those AE Schautals (basically a suede MacNeil with a thick double oak sole, made specially for Nordstrom Rack) like the pair Fueco grabbed a few weeks back, they're on clearance at $69. For a double sole, suede, USA made longwing, that is impossible to beat. They only have them in an odd brown somewhere between chocolate milkshake and snuff. Also they only have them in widths of D or EEE. Hit up your local shop and grab a pair.

2 people like this.
  4. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

came across a very similar patterned BB SC the other day. Thing was beefy and a tad large for me.

5. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Well, the thrift god of black AE Park Avenues has tapped me on the shoulder twice in about as many weeks! I happened across a pair of 10.5 D's today. The BAD NEWS for any of you guys who might like to buy them is that they fit me quite well and thus I'm keeping them. The GOOD NEWS is that they will replace my current black AE Parks in size 11.5 D (which are mostly nicer than the 10.5's but were just too large for me so I rarely wore them) and thus, have become available.

Here are the 11.5's in action. I originally bought them before I knew what AE Parks were but I wanted to try to rescue them from a bit of damage.

[​IMG]

And here's some stills of the 11.5's. Now, the thing is, the left shoe has two flaws but both shoes are pretty much 8 out of 10's otherwise in my judgement.

[​IMG]

Note that here is a very small separation in the leather at the little toe stress point.
    [​IMG]

The toe cap does NOT look this bad in real life but the flash shows the Kiwi polish that I applied heavily enough to hide a cut in the leather on the toe.
    [​IMG]

When I wear them (maybe less than 10 times in around two years), I buff the toe box and they look very good.

So, if you're an 11.5 D and need some staple black AE Parks, I'll ship them for $50 conus. Get at me.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  6. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

They basically said, sit here/stand there/walk when we tell you and don't talk to the actors unless they talk to you first. The food was incredible. :satisfied: "House of Cards" switched casting companies for the second season (yes, there is one, they've been filming all around me) so I never got any call backs for Extra work.

1 person likes this.
  7. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

I was on an episode of COPS. They still re-run it - look for me - I'm the guy without the shirt.

10 people like this.
  8. ilikethelights

ilikethelights Senior member

[​IMG]
    you?

4 people like this.
  9. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

No, the other shirtless guy on COPS.

10. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

My city is such a shit hole for menswear that our local NR carries low end Macy-like brand stuff...all ours ever has is penguin, Tommy Hilfiger, and Steve Madden (for shoes). Never once seen AE @ my local NR...sad huh? And to top it off...i wear an 10 EEE and those AE's you mentioned would be a great addition for a suede pair of shoes. Its one thing to miss out on opportunities when they arise, and another to miss out without the opportunity even being capable of arising...

11. edwardthefirst

edwardthefirst Senior member

Ooooh, that's EG right? Nice.

12. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

My wife texted me to say that a box arrived for me today. She thinks it's my SS gift, but it could be a buyer's remorse return, so I won't get too excited yet. Anyone from Cincy on here?
    Incidentally, she said that she has a playgroup with the kids when I get home so could I wait until she's home before opening!? Apparently the Secret Santa has piqued her interest.

edited on advice of counsel

13. DanM

DanM Senior member

14. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Just found this awesome looking jacket. Thoughts? It's a size 46. Can proxy. It's marked at 20 though...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

If anyone wears a 36 or 38 belt and is interested in American Bison by Trafalgar (retail at $165), I just scored some at deep discount. Hit me up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. jcubzzz

jcubzzz Senior member

[​IMG]
    Hey nataku I found a Oliver people's case as well, sadly the glasses were MIA

17. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Just found some size ten loake Derby shoes as well. In great condition if anyone is looking. 771 model.

18. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

Thrift Thread Gift Exchange 2013​

[​IMG]

DanM [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BB Made in England wool scarf; BB silk braces; BB Makers bow tie (now I gotta learn how to tie it [​IMG])

[​IMG]

A bunch of silk, hand-rolled pocket squares

[​IMG]

And a tie for every occasion...BB, Robert Talbott Carmel, Canali, Breuer, BB, LE Viyella, Aquascutum, BB pheasants, Scottish wool
    [​IMG]

Thank you very much, Dan. You killed it.

1 person likes this.
  19. futuremyth

futuremyth Senior member

Christ, I feel bad for my secret santa after looking through the hauls from the last few days, I adhered too closely to the proposed price cap [​IMG]

SORRY DUDE

20. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

Got some nice pickups today and yesterday. all thrifts.

2 RLPL Navy blue suits in mint condition. Both w/ ticket pockets, both side vented, one DB, one SB 3roll2, both 48L..... :fu::fu::fu:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thom Brown sz 3 striped oxford
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rebecca Minkoff purses NWT, dust bags, straps, etc.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Piles of NWT jbrand, hudson, true religion
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.